So whos owned/ played a Ibanez 7620?

sebby123

I just got on a 7 string kick and bought a used 7620 anyone play/own one, thoughts? I just got one for a steal on the 7 string forum :thumbsup:
Not using it for the Chuga-Chuga but im loving chord voicings on a 7.

Code001":2s6vzg21 said:
Good 7 string guitar. Just swap the pickups.
+1 I have two right now and $ for $ they are the best 7s out there. I do like my 1527s a bit better but only because of the wider neck.

PUs are decent (at least with my Marshall DSL50 crancked loud). At one point the 7620 were coming with Dimarzio if I'm correct.

Mine is an 98 model and I don't know what PUs models are in it.
P1120011.JPG

BenoA":v0dn8sm1 said:
PUs are decent (at least with my Marshall DSL50 crancked loud). At one point the 7620 were coming with Dimarzio if I'm correct.

Mine is an 98 model and I don't know what PUs models are in it.
P1120011.JPG
Those were Dimarzio "New 7" pickups. Many falsely believe those were Dimarzio Blaze pups, but they're wrong.

PeteLaramee":2gi42bd7 said:
Those were Dimarzio "New 7" pickups. Many falsely believe those were Dimarzio Blaze pups, but they're wrong.

Thanks for the infos. As said above, if these are the ones I have in that guitar, they're not too bad.

Already have a Crunch lab 7 & liquifire waiting for her to arrive, There are very few stock pickups i like to be honest.

I don't say this very often, but

PICKUP SWAP IS A MUST.

The original Blaze7 is miles better than the stock USA Blaze II pups.

and,

I like the EVO7 even more than the Original Blaze 7

Yeah man I have one of the 7620's..... I think its one of the best 7's out there for the price. I like them better than 1527's because I prefer the neck profile on the 7620.... The one I have sounds great also, I did swap the pickups and would also recommend doing so. I have owned Jcustom 7 strings which do feel a bit better but actually not by much to me. The 7620 and the S series 7 strings that were made in the late 90's to me are some of the best production mid priced 7's out there.

I have one. It was one of the first electric guitars I wanted when I was in college the first time around. I was broke as hell back then. I picked one up about 4 or 5 years ago and I love it. :)

Great guitars!

I sold off mine because I did not want to deal with the trem on a 7. I would like to pick up a nice 7621 someday.

i have a 7420...is the only diffrence between that and the 7620 the pickups and the trem?
mins a lo-TRS not a lo-edge/pro, but i havent had any issues with it going out of tune/wearing out.

i put in a set of blazes in mine...even thou i generally hate ceremic pups, they seem to go ok.
wouldnt mind and airnorton neck thou.

JohnnyC":s2g200oy said:
i have a 7420...is the only diffrence between that and the 7620 the pickups and the trem?
mins a lo-TRS not a lo-edge/pro, but i havent had any issues with it going out of tune/wearing out.

i put in a set of blazes in mine...even thou i generally hate ceremic pups, they seem to go ok.
wouldnt mind and airnorton neck thou.

All DiMarzio 7 string pickups have ceramic magnets, including the AN7.

sebby123":2az2loiu said:
It will also be my first guitar with a floyd! which im excitied for, its a boring black so i think i might have this guy swirl it
http://benellerguitars.wordpress.com/gu ... e-swirled/

Ben does some really awesome work. You'll be in good hands, bro!

As for the guitar, I've played a lot of shows this year and most were played with a 7620. The neck practically plays itself. The stock pups aren't the worst I've heard, but a swap will turn it into a whole new beast. I had a yellow one with a D-activator in the bridge and a Blaze custom in the neck, and it really shredded. I used a black one for a few shows with Blazes, and it really meshed well with my Axe Fx. The lead tone was absolutely stellar. Congrats on the axe!

mattTHERIPPERsanchez":2rh4nbc3 said:
sebby123":2rh4nbc3 said:
It will also be my first guitar with a floyd! which im excitied for, its a boring black so i think i might have this guy swirl it

As for the guitar, I've played a lot of shows this year and most were played with a 7620. The neck practically plays itself. The stock pups aren't the worst I've heard, but a swap will turn it into a whole new beast. I had a yellow one with a D-activator in the bridge and a Blaze custom in the neck, and it really shredded. I used a black one for a few shows with Blazes, and it really meshed well with my Axe Fx. The lead tone was absolutely stellar. Congrats on the axe!

Thanks! Yea i have a Crunch lab and liquifire waiting for her to arrive, ill upgrade the block with a floyd's upgrade bigblock as well. Now all thats left is deciding what colors i want the swirl to be! :doh:

sebby123":34toey1q said:
mattTHERIPPERsanchez":34toey1q said:
sebby123":34toey1q said:

Thanks! Yea i have a Crunch lab and liquifire waiting for her to arrive, ill upgrade the block with a floyd's upgrade bigblock as well. Now all thats left is deciding what colors i want the swirl to be! :doh:

Then that thing is going to annihilate. I played a guitar with that combo once, and I swear to God like ten people died. I play only 8 strings now, so now CL/LF combos for me :(

mattTHERIPPERsanchez":qi6aym0d said:
sebby123":qi6aym0d said:
mattTHERIPPERsanchez":qi6aym0d said:
sebby123":qi6aym0d said:

Then that thing is going to annihilate. I played a guitar with that combo once, and I swear to God like ten people died. I play only 8 strings now, so now CL/LF combos for me :(

do you remember if the bar towards the neck or bridge?

sebby123":2xx7cwm4 said:
mattTHERIPPERsanchez":2xx7cwm4 said:
mattTHERIPPERsanchez":2xx7cwm4 said:

Towards the neck. It was 100% jawsome.

mattTHERIPPERsanchez":1l7egwon said:
sebby123":1l7egwon said:

Towards the neck. It was 100% jawsome.

Thanks! thats how i was planning to position it.
You might want to try the bareknuckle Coldsweat 8's

Back