[sold] Morris Sirrom - Price Drop #2

This is a single channel 105-watt model in good condition. It looks like Glen has made added a few controls since this one was built, so note the simplified control setup here. I picked this up a bit ago but have decided it doesn't fill any particular need I have right now.

Build quality is really impeccable. This is my first morris and I'm impressed by everything from the basics of the build (beefy washers where the transformer meets the chassis) to the actual wiring which is quite neat. The sirrom is Glen's highest gain offering and while it's clearly built for heavier stuff, this definitely has one foot in the classics. It's definitely not a rectifier wall-of-sound vibe, but rather a "wedge right into the mix" vibe. Very powerful presence and depth controls so the power stage really matters on this one.

Let's say $1500 shipped CONUS.

I always listen to trade-bait (+/- cash). Have a particular hankering for a Mesa Mark (not V) right now.

IMG_9623.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9630.jpeg
    IMG_9630.jpeg
    744.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9628.jpeg
    IMG_9628.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9627.jpeg
    IMG_9627.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9626.jpeg
    IMG_9626.jpeg
    911.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9625.jpeg
    IMG_9625.jpeg
    797.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9624.jpeg
    IMG_9624.jpeg
    902 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9616.jpeg
    IMG_9616.jpeg
    875.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Got some questions about the sound on this one so I sloppily laid down some riffs and ramped them through the Sirrom, an Orange Dual Dark 50, and a Headfirst Alta 100.

The Sirrom and the Alta don't sound miles apart and I'm guess I *could* tweak with bright caps and get them very similar. But the Alta is admittedly much more flexible and so I eq'd closer to how I normally use it. Next to the Sirrom is has a honky mid-hump, but it's mostly pronounced when you literally A/B them.

And the Dual Dark is always fun to compare to because nothing sounds _quite_ like it IMO. So it keeps you from going "I guess all amps sound the same." :)

Just counter offered on the verb at $1375 to me after fees (but not shipping)… someone could get a good friends and family deal.

Back