SOLD: Wizard 40w MCII Mk2 SteveK

WizardSouth-JP

Extremely cool!

RIP Steve
Agree, Rick and I spoke about this and my MTL build for a little bit - Steve had Rick build him a 1-off 6V6 MCII on a whim for something different. Steve and I had talked about the differences in the feel of the 100w Wizards compared to the 50w and Steve started preferring the 50w as they were a bit sweeter and juicier to play. I'd assume it was that kinda vibe that led him to asking Rick to make one in 6v or Rick suggested it - nevertheless, when I'd asked Rick about building a SteveK tribute Wizard, Rick said "let's make 2 - MTL and a MCII."

You can't lay it down on a toaster

Last edited:
https://reverb.com/item/71077003-wi...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=71077003

Never thought I’d let this go but, it’s time. 40w MCII built in honor of Steve King’s passing on 6/2/2019. This amp absolutely crushes - 4 - 6v6’s and has destroyed a ton of 100w amps that I’d owned and no longer own. Vader, silver Marshall knobs, blue LED. An absolute crusher!
$4500 shipped for RT
Does this feel similar to el34’s and 6l6’s? Or is there a bit more sag to the feel?

Does this feel similar to el34’s and 6l6’s? Or is there a bit more sag to the feel?
It’s as pissed as EL34 or 6L6 but has a bit more chew in the lower mid than 34’s - it’s kinda like a lower powered amp if EL34 and 6L’s had a baby. Lots of punch too.

Agree, Rick and I spoke about this and my MTL build for a little bit - Steve had Rick build him a 1-off 6V6 MCII on a whim for something different. Steve and I had talked about the differences in the feel of the 100w Wizards compared to the 50w and Steve started preferring the 50w as they were a bit sweeter and juicier to play. I'd assume it was that kinda vibe that led him to asking Rick to make one in 6v or Rick suggested it - nevertheless, when I'd asked Rick about building a SteveK tribute Wizard, Rick said "let's make 2 - MTL and a MCII."

You can't lay it down on a toaster

Sorry man, laughing at the damn toaster vid....might be the most classic RT humor ever.

I bet this sounds kickass.
If anyone is wondering, I have an amp with 4x6v6s. It's freaking LOUD, with more than enough headroom, balls and punch.
I wish it was this one.

Back