SOLD

To each their own...I use one with my Euro Triple F. Sounds better than the last Triple F I owned.
It’s funny you mention that. Here’s a random Guitar Center facepalm moment that’s relevant.

I bought a Laney TI100 (Iommi) amp used from GC some years ago. It showed up (actually packed well), but what they neglected to tell me was that it was a European model with an external transformer. Sounded good, I enjoyed it. Decided I didn’t want to always fool with the step down transformer, so I returned it and tracked down a domestic model.

I’m sure you know where this is going. Plugged in, tried it out...just didn’t enjoy it as much as the one with the step down transformer, haha. Sold it, haven’t tried another one since. Go figure.

It’s funny you mention that. Here’s a random Guitar Center facepalm moment that’s relevant.

I bought a Laney TI100 (Iommi) amp used from GC some years ago. It showed up (actually packed well), but what they neglected to tell me was that it was a European model with an external transformer. Sounded good, I enjoyed it. Decided I didn’t want to always fool with the step down transformer, so I returned it and tracked down a domestic model.

I’m sure you know where this is going. Plugged in, tried it out...just didn’t enjoy it as much as the one with the step down transformer, haha. Sold it, haven’t tried another one since. Go figure.

A domestic rated voltage would be tighter... but when you use a cheap 100+ dollars converter it will always have power losses somewhere... no idea but thats how i experienced when i got my VHT classic pittbull powered up via a stepup/down tranny my PV always not rated as what VHT suggested until i told them i used a converter... lol

A domestic rated voltage would be tighter... but when you use a cheap 100+ dollars converter it will always have power losses somewhere... no idea but thats how i experienced when i got my VHT classic pittbull powered up via a stepup/down tranny my PV always not rated as what VHT suggested until i told them i used a converter... lol
Before I used it I checked it with my multimeter. Checked spot on. I’ve heard that bands coming here from Eu enjoy the tone better using converters...but like you said it may just be the normal difference between amps.

Back