Soldano SLO 100 vs. Soldano HotRod?

They don't. SLO is a clear winner. Clean channel with crunch options plus a lead channel. That's a win for me. :rock:

tripstan":lyrir40c said:
They don't. SLO is a clear winner. Clean channel with crunch options plus a lead channel. That's a win for me. :rock:

Yeah, from what I've heard on Youtube I tend to agree with you.

andiggity":3qw5n30j said:
Slo all of the way. The hr100 is like a very expensive slo clone.

So true. Expensive clone that doesn't even come close IMO. Maybe I had a bunk HR but mine sounded like a can of bees. I had a GTO pedal before the HR which made me get the HR(couldn't afford SLO at the time). The HR has been the greatest disappointment in gear of my career.

Side note the Soldano GTO is unbelievable. :rock:

I wasn't impressed with the HR. there are better amps one can spend their money on. That said, Id love me another SLO. For the shit Im playing these days....Oh Yeah!

The SLO is one amp along with a VH4 that I'd love to try but haven't. That said, I had a HR 100 a few years ago and I liked it. Really good sounding amp, takes boost pedals well. Lots of compliments on the tone. Built well obviously...and I called Soldano to find out if mine had the depth mod..called me back the same day. If you can pick one up used for around 1k I think it's well worth it. SLO's usually are 2500 so I don't think you can compare the two amps IMO. And that's used of course. SLO is one of the kings in the amp world by most opinions but I did like my HR...but of course sold it to fund a Cameron I think..wouldn't mind another sometime.

I've got a HR 100+ for sale in the classifieds and this amp fucking rips. It's no SLO but it's also less than half the price of an SLO. I'll tell you what, you slam this amp with a clean boost or a graphic eq and get the volume up around 5 or 6 and this amp will rip your face off. Amazing amp for the $$$. :rock:

This sounds pretty close to the SLOs that I played. Tough to judge from a YT clip but I like this tone a lot. Love that growl

blackba":h80pph6p said:
So would the jet city 100h be better for a cheaper slo option compared to the hot rod?
I would still go for the HR 50/100 used over the Jet City. Not that the Jet City sounds bad but the HR is hand built and will outlast the Jet City IMO. Military construction, call Soldano and they get back to you immediately. You can get a used HR for a few hundred more than the Jet City..that's how I would go...

glassjaw7":5ux4t3qb said:
This sounds pretty close to the SLOs that I played. Tough to judge from a YT clip but I like this tone a lot. Love that growl

That sounds amazing. I'm starting to think my HR50 was a faulty unit.

tripstan":1usbo55u said:
glassjagw7":1usbo55u said:

That sounds amazing. I'm starting to think my HR50 was a faulty unit.

Wow! I bumped into my video. I'm glad you guys like it! Settings were a bit awkward in this one. If I remember correctly, Micheal Charvel's clip inspired me to set the amp like this and it sounded great. It was something like gain 6.5, bass 2, mids 3, treble 4, presence 5... and master on a bedroom level.

Back