Soldano SLO Owners Chime In

I've spent nearly two years fine tuning my SLO with speakers. These are my top three picks for the Soldano SLO100.

1) Modern heavy rock/metal - Celestion G12H 75 Creamback. Huge clarity, even-ness (?) articulation and massiveness. Like a V30 and 65 rolled into one, WITHOUT the annoying mid-spike of the V30. Killer, killer, killer.

2) Vintage heavy rock/metal - Celestion G12 65. Sounds very similar to the 75 Creamback, but a touch smoother and more old school. Plenty of headroom though, won't compress up like a 25w Greenback.

3) Classic rock - Celestion G12M 25 Greenback. Just classic, compressable old school fun.

IntenseJim":33xpcmig said:
Mr. Willy":33xpcmig said:
IntenseJim":33xpcmig said:
I have found that low many medium to low output pick ups sound great with my SLO. For example, to my surprise, my 70s Gold top with Lollar minihumbuckers sounds killer for a gain Sykes tone. This was to my surprise.

Agreed. Here’s a clip of the SLO with a Rio Grande BBQ. Measures 12.5k.

That sounds so good. I have no idea how the phone’s mic is not distorting but just awesome.

Thanks man. It really wasn’t that loud. IIRC it was only around 3-4 on the MV.

steve_k":39jaijvp said:
Send it back to Soldano for the loop mod and PPIMV. Enjoy your SLO in all its glory at any volume.

Have you had this done? If so, can you describe any change in tone or feel over the stock SLO?
Thanks.

Metlupass2":36m021cm said:
I've played my Suhrs, Tom Andersons, and Luxxtone through it. They've all got hot pickups. I got it better sounding now. I think I might swap out the 75s from the Uberkab at some point and buy some greenbacks.
I’ve got a Bogner 4-12 GB loaded I’ll sell.

LP Freak":tykbnfun said:
Metlupass2":tykbnfun said:
I've played my Suhrs, Tom Andersons, and Luxxtone through it. They've all got hot pickups. I got it better sounding now. I think I might swap out the 75s from the Uberkab at some point and buy some greenbacks.

I've got 3 4x12s now but how much you asking?

Metlupass2":2249r7d1 said:
LP Freak":2249r7d1 said:
Metlupass2":2249r7d1 said:

I've got 3 4x12s now but how much you asking?
$650 if you come get it

Back