Some updates et all

Carol-AnnAmps

I will keep checking in here a bit more often. 2010 was a busy year and 2011 is set to be busier.

Got some new things working their way through. A new 3 channel amp is in final design stages right now. All channels have independent eq and masters, extra lead master that can be used with either OD channel. 50 and 100W EL34. Simple 1 touch channel changing, tube efx loop etc etc. All hand built by me as always.

I just built a custom amp for a customer thats based on a JTM-45 style of circuit, but I've added an option to also be able to run with a master volume and an extra gain stage that just shapes the signal and adds a little more drive. This emulates the tone of the amp cranked in standard non-MV modemode, but allows variable volume. This circuit is actually pretty killer and I intend to use it on other things. It's far from just throwing on another gain stage for more gain, which is the age old Marshall mod that can add a shit load of noise and reduces the dynamic range...a lot.... This is also made possible with a unique variable feedback circuit which affects how the amp feels. Set at 5 it's standard JTM-45. put it up to 7 or 8 and it responds like the feedback circuit responds with the power tubes cranked. Tightens the low end and brings the amp together.
It took me a week to build this amp, but the things that came out of it will find their way in to other designs.

Jay Strange":uflmvnq2 said:
Are you voicing any of these amps with greenbacks or H30's?
As opposed to CL80's and EV's?

Hi Jay,

The custom JTM-45 inspired model sounds great through both my 4x12 loaded with vintage Black Backs and also a 4x12 loaded with 25's and V30's.

The 3 channel will probably be voiced around the CL80.

Al

Thanks!
Alan, is the 3 channel modern voiced or a versatile cleans, blues, rock and hard rock machine?
Good to hear of new stuff from ya!
That 45 sounds choice :thumbsup:

Carol-AnnAmps":22br3v43 said:
I will keep checking in here a bit more often. 2010 was a busy year and 2011 is set to be busier.

Got some new things working their way through. A new 3 channel amp is in final design stages right now. All channels have independent eq and masters, extra lead master that can be used with either OD channel. 50 and 100W EL34. Simple 1 touch channel changing, tube efx loop etc etc. All hand built by me as always.

I just built a custom amp for a customer thats based on a JTM-45 style of circuit, but I've added an option to also be able to run with a master volume and an extra gain stage that just shapes the signal and adds a little more drive. This emulates the tone of the amp cranked in standard non-MV modemode, but allows variable volume. This circuit is actually pretty killer and I intend to use it on other things. It's far from just throwing on another gain stage for more gain, which is the age old Marshall mod that can add a shit load of noise and reduces the dynamic range...a lot.... This is also made possible with a unique variable feedback circuit which affects how the amp feels. Set at 5 it's standard JTM-45. put it up to 7 or 8 and it responds like the feedback circuit responds with the power tubes cranked. Tightens the low end and brings the amp together.
It took me a week to build this amp, but the things that came out of it will find their way in to other designs.

Alan,
Is the 3 channel amp the new OD3 or has other name?
Best,
Oz

Oz Hofstatter":11xqeg6x said:
Carol-AnnAmps":11xqeg6x said:

Alan,
Is the 3 channel amp the new OD3 or has other name?
Best,
Oz

I gotcha all the info in TGP..... ;)
:rock: ,
Oz

Back