songs / stuff you've been practicing lately

stefvorcide

Hey folks, looking to bring more life in this wonderful "theory and technique"section

What are you guys practicing lately?

i'm stuck on a riff in Colonizing the Sun by Theory in practice, the theme at 1:31 is just too freaking fast

Dimmu Borgir - blessings upon the throne of tyranny (not a big fan, but the riffs are nice)
Iced Earth -Travel in Stygian

I need to work on my right hand for sweeps, but it's too boring :doh: :doh:

Jambi - Tool. Just when you thought everything had been done with palm muted galloping, etc. Tool comes out with Jambi (in '06).

J

ive been learning pantera songs for a pantera cover band that i plan to cycle next year.

but i really want/need to practice some symphony x. i really want to evolve my playing into his style of rhythms. TBH that was the whole reason of purchasing my ESP.

ive got the sweeping down pat, its keeping the technique up to par like a finely sharpened knife that is the problem - my arpeggio's have been sloppy lately.

i also really want to diversify a few shapes, i only know diminished, harmonic minor, E major, A major, and thats all. id like to learn a few off the wall arpeggios that you dont normally hear but have no idea where to start. most arpeggio's i find by accident from practice.

Black Sabbath, Robin Trower, P.O.D., Jeff Beck, RUSH, Slaughter, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, King's X, Whitesnake, Judas Priest, STP, Winger, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen, RATT et cetera.

King Crimson":3gffkcaf said:
Black Sabbath, Robin Trower, P.O.D., Jeff Beck, RUSH, Slaughter, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, King's X, Whitesnake, Judas Priest, STP, Winger, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen, RATT et cetera.

You practiced all their discography lately? :LOL: :LOL:

King Crimson":2xqbh46d said:

we share some overlap there, cool. I like Miles Davis, Floyd, John Scofield, Jane's Addiction and RHCP (BSSM) as well.

STP by far has one of the heaviest live sounds esp. for a band that doesn't tune lower than D...

Back