sooooo i joined a band

Gorehog

this past Oct.and we played out first gig on saturday,bassist has only been with us a month.opening for a popular local band.first show for me in about 4 yrs and 40 lbs.sheesh.

but...this is how we closed our set.hope ya like it.(im the guitarist btw)

https://youtu.be/AvEsswBe_9U

rig was...

Marshall dsl 100/50 used for power section.
Suhr Riot for distortion
Surreal Amplification More pedal as lead boost.
boss tuner and CryBaby wah.
i can never settle on a delay pedal.didnt need one for this show.but i need a lil extra on the leads.

we have our own local show in March.by then ill have an attenuator and will use the Marshall for everything,

thx for watching...

Good for you, man!

I was going to do that a couple of years back, but learning a 50 song set list with a full time job, and a couple kids was too much, for me; respect! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great tone and playing on the solo especially! Feels good to play live doesn't it? You know where you really stand with your chops as well, live!

Sounded really good but MAN … help your singer out and hit those background box! Especially on such a crowd fav.

Good tones though man.

jcj":9iuyreii said:
Good for you, man!

I was going to do that a couple of years back, but learning a 50 song set list with a full time job, and a couple kids was too much, for me; respect! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thank u sir.not easy for me either.i drive truck over the road.gone monday-friday.luckily im able to afford an ipad jamup pro xt and a stereo surround sound speaker system in my truck so i can practice during the week.

This was our first show.got invited to have our own show at this club.and the light man is the house light man for a local club thats has lots of national acts,and he offered us our own shiw before the end of the year and an opening slot opening for a "national" and by national,i mean late 80s early 90s band,i think are from PA or Nj.just waiting on the date.when its announced,ill post it here.did have a high profile gig opening for REO Speedwagon fall thru,so i dont wanna get my hopes up,or post wrong info.if/when it happens,ill let ya guys know.

Thx again.

geetarmikey":1w59o7vy said:
Great tone and playing on the solo especially! Feels good to play live doesn't it? You know where you really stand with your chops as well, live!

Yessir.first show,not 100% comfortable with the tunes.all the walkin around i did was me tryin to make eye contact with my bandmates so we didnt fall apart.our bassist is only with us 2months tops.2nd bassist since October.hes a former guitarist that switched to bass to join us so yeh,he can play,but, yeh bass is a different beast than guitar.

Thx alot for your time and input.

JerEvil":1e9h4pb1 said:
Sounded really good but MAN … help your singer out and hit those background box! Especially on such a crowd fav.

Good tones though man.

Lol,luckily for the crowd,i do not sing.

However,we are adding the ramones psychotherapy to our list,and i WILL sing that.i did it in my former band.
Punk rock is my roots.
But these shredders nowadays,andy james,per nilson,loomis, etc really have me hittin the woodshed hard.

I like that you have the keys in there. Opens up so many cool new wave songs you could do. Of course it would be pretty funny seeing your singer doing Words by Missing Persons. Try and not imagine him in the outfit, I know you just did! :LOL: :LOL:
I would say on She sells Sanctuary, even though it's OK the keys did the intro, once the drums come in you should match him and drop to straight rhythm once the singer comes in. Good for you to getting back into it. I'm 43 and starting to get that itch to turn the amps up again past bedroom warrior volume :doh:
Plus depending on how serious the band is or image conscious per se in regards to bigger and better shows, I would ditch wearing loose fitting, pale blue denim jeans on stage. ;)

Back