Speaker suggestions for 1x12" (misery)

synchu

Ooookay.
I am officially cab-less from today. Sold my 2 x 12" Framus (heavily modded - I am wondering what the other guy liked, but it's his duty now) and waiting for the new run of Diezel 4x12" to get finished (hopefully soon. Waiting for Peter S. e-mail as message from Almighty :)).

I have few spares lying around that sound incredibly bad with my Einstein, but do sound good with my other amps, so I decided to change the speaker in my old Dynacord Reference combo so I can temporarily use it as a cab. It is 1 x 12" and the enclosure is solid wood from what I can see (they weren't saving costs in the 80-ties :), I guess ).
Locally in the shops I have choice of pretty much entire Celestion list, as well as some Electrovoices (if still available :confused: ).

So which speaker will work relatively good in semi open 1x12" enclosure for mid to high gain tones with Einstein 100W head?

Niki

Thanks, Olaf. Too late - I put a G12K already (just couldn't stand the two day utter misery of software/hardware emulations and got the first available speaker at the shop that had 100W mentioned in the specs).
But you are right - V30 would have been a better choice - G12K sounds a bit harsh. I think, however that it will soften a bit after it breaks up a little.
And I do hope that I will hear from Peter S. soon, so I don't have to wait for the G12K to break up that much :) He said some weeks ago that the cabs are now in mid production, so I hope these will be soon finished.

They are very "neutral" even after the break in phase, you know . . . I know that a V30s is somehow "standard" for so many applications nowadays, but in an open cab it really sounds very very good IMO.

Back