Speakers for a 2X12 and the Atomica W/D

metalmaniac93

I will be running a W/D set-up with the Atomica and the Cameron 4X12 for dry in the near future like next week. I currently have a Dr Z Best 2X12 that I will be using for the wet signal and would like to swap the speakers out. The Dr Z came with the V30 and 70th Annv G12H30 and the Atomica does not sound great through this 100% dry. Not sure how it will sound in a W/D set-up? Any recommendations? I was looking at the Lynchbacks for the Z best cab since they are getting some good reviews. I will also be using the CCV down the road in a W/D set-up once the 2nd runs are released.

I also have a Bogner OS 2X12 that I might put Scumbacks in. M75/H75, M75/M75, BM75/BM75, M75/J75, H75/J75? Too many options!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Dunstanmus":3s8kktn5 said:
I have changed my whole speaker set up around this amp. G12H's for both wet and dry. Sounds awesome.

Cheers Rich
Rich
What cab and what size do you you use for your wet? I would like to use the G12Hs, but I also want to be able to use the Dr Z cab in a dry setting down the road. That is why I was thing of trying the Lynchbacks or the Scumbacks for the Bogner OS 2X12.

I use two Port City 2x12's for the dry and an OS 1x12 for the wet, or two if stage is large enough for WDW. Just a single Port City OS 1x12 sounds great though.

Cheers Rich

Dunstanmus":tsqcxx7u said:
I use two Port City 2x12's for the dry and an OS 1x12 for the wet, or two if stage is large enough for WDW. Just a single Port City OS 1x12 sounds great though.

Cheers Rich

So two G12H 30 watt speakers? You not worried about eventually frying those?

I'm running two H75s and two M75s and two celestion CL-80s in a W/D/W (three 2x12s) setup with my CCV. Likely will replace the celestions with Scumbacks (not sure yet which) at some point. I have never tried an OS cab loaded with g12h's with the CCV, but curious since this is what recommended. Nevertheless, I'm content with Scumbacks. Good Luck!

metalmaniac93":260rt7bt said:
Dunstanmus":260rt7bt said:

Cheers Rich

So two G12H 30 watt speakers? You not worried about eventually frying those?

I wouldn't crank these too much....

You are worrying me now. The two 2x12's with the dry are ok? I don't play particularly loud. On the Mark Day vid he uses a 1 x 12 for the wet so I figured it will be ok. I gigged it tonight and it sounded mint.

Cheers Rich

Dunstanmus":vablmoj9 said:
You are worrying me now. The two 2x12's with the dry are ok? I don't play particularly loud. On the Mark Day vid he uses a 1 x 12 for the wet so I figured it will be ok. I gigged it tonight and it sounded mint.

Cheers Rich

If you are running a 100w head into 2/30w speakers (total 60w), you probably don't want to crank it up too loud or else you will blow the speakers. That is one of the reasons I went with scumbacks, because he makes them in 65w or 100w speaker versions, so you can have a total output of 130 to 200w for a 2x12.

I use 3 /2x12 for home use only, where I have them separated against 3 walls of a room. I sit in the middle, it sounds HUGE. For gigs I use a straight 4x12, no w/d/w.

JackTripper":3t1ll40q said:
Dunstanmus":3t1ll40q said:

Cheers Rich

If you are running a 100w head into 2/30w speakers (total 60w), you probably don't want to crank it up too loud or else you will blow the speakers. That is one of the reasons I went with scumbacks, because he makes them in 65w or 100w speaker versions, so you can have a total output of 130 to 200w for a 2x12.

I use 3 /2x12 for home use only, where I have them separated against 3 walls of a room. I sit in the middle, it sounds HUGE. For gigs I use a straight 4x12, no w/d/w.

What Scumbacks do you use in your 2X12s? I wonder which Scumbacks are close to the Heritage Series G12H (75) that are used in the Cameron cabs?

metalmaniac93":1xcca9dh said:
JackTripper":1xcca9dh said:
Dunstanmus":1xcca9dh said:

Cheers Rich

What Scumbacks do you use in your 2X12s? I wonder which Scumbacks are close to the Heritage Series G12H (75) that are used in the Cameron cabs?

I have two OS cabs, one with scumback H75s and the other with Celestion CL-80s, and a stratight 2x12 with scumback M75s. The H75s sound unbelievable with a CCV, as does a H75/M75 mix. The M75s will get you into pre rola greenback territory very nicely. I think the scumback H series is supposed to be close to the Celestion G12H, but you should check with Jim at Scumback.

Thanks!!! I pulled the trigger on the Celestion Lynchbacks for the Dr Z best 2X12, which will be my wet cab and the Cameron 4X12 for my dry cab. Now I need to figure out which Scumbacks to get for the Bogner OS 2X12? I know the M75/H75 gets a lot of love for the 4X12s!!!!

Back