Squealing noise coming from pedal run

Hi guys,

I have a brand new Diezel VH2 and I'm running several pedals into the front of the amp plus 3 pedals in the FX loop. However, when doing this, I'm experiencing a squealing sound that is very annoying. If I plug directly into the front of the amp with no pedals (but still using the 3 pedals in the FX loop) then there is no squealing sound. I'm using a proper power supply for all the pedals so I don't think it's under powering or anything. Also, I tried just running one pedal into the front of the amp and I still get the squealing sound. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks!

Adam

Last edited:
Sounds like a bad first stage preamp tube. Have you changed the preamp tubes to eliminate the cause being tube related?

Sounds like a bad first stage preamp tube. Have you changed the preamp tubes to eliminate the cause being tube related?
I haven't tried that but the amp is brand new and there is no squealing when I just plug straight into the amp so is it likely to be that? I don't have a spare set of pre-amp tubes to test with either.

I haven't tried that but the amp is brand new and there is no squealing when I just plug straight into the amp so is it likely to be that? I don't have a spare set of pre-amp tubes to test with either.
Tube could be microphonic just you’re not playing loud enough with just the guitar for it to be audible or cause issues. New amp doesn’t mean shit in todays world and actually should make you question every tube in it as well as the bias of the power tubes.

You own a tube amp you need a spare known working set of pre and power tubes both. The latter cannot be simply changed out without having the amplifier biased. The former can be changed out without any concern after the amp is turned off.

Since it’s not pedal specific or cable specific I think it’s preamp tube related - likely a microphonic preamp tube from shipping.

Ok, I'll get myself a set of pre-amp tubes in that case and try that. I also have a dual rectifier that I can try plugging into as well to see if it's something to do with the pedal board rather than a microphonic tube.

Ok, I tried into the rectifier and it's the same issue. I managed to isolate it to one of my pedal power supplies. My dunlop DC-brick. If I plug that in then I get the interference but if I use the other pedal power then I don't so guess it's something to do with something plugged into the Dunlop DC-brick. Will experiment and see

Make sure all the gear you’re using vid plugged into the same outlet . Like if that brick is plugged into a different one than the amp you will get noises

If you’re not using the factory power supply on the Digitech whammy, it’s probably that. My Drop pedal is very sensitive to power supplies and did the same thing.

Back