SS100 Demo with Steve Stevens

Thats really not all that different compared to the Brown Eye I have in my amp. Sounds the same to me!

I have watched the demo a number of times now and it sounds awesome but I have a question. Did Steve say he is running the BAE preamp with the amp? If he is, how much does that change the sound, and why would he do that if the amp is tuned to his requirements?

nzsteve":m6swhlad said:
Did Steve say he is running the BAE preamp with the amp? If he is, how much does that change the sound, and why would he do that if the amp is tuned to his requirements?

The mics are plugged into the BAE and from the BEA to the DAW.

MarcoR":2b1wdmtu said:
nzsteve":2b1wdmtu said:
Did Steve say he is running the BAE preamp with the amp? If he is, how much does that change the sound, and why would he do that if the amp is tuned to his requirements?

Thanks for answering that, I do not know anything about the BAE or how that stuff works, I dont use any mics or play in a band. So if you record with a BAE and through all that, does the amp retain its original sound? I guess what I am wondering is, if you were to play this amp in person, does it sound the same as it does in the demo? The amp sounds amazing..

nzsteve":2msj4f41 said:
MarcoR":2msj4f41 said:
nzsteve":2msj4f41 said:

Thanks for answering that, I do not know anything about the BAE or how that stuff works, I dont use any mics or play in a band. So if you record with a BAE and through all that, does the amp retain its original sound? I guess what I am wondering is, if you were to play this amp in person, does it sound the same as it does in the demo? The amp sounds amazing..

Mics (ESPECIALLY the Shure SM57) will color the sound of an amp, and he mentions running an sm57 and a Royer mic at the same time, so I'd say no, it won't sound exactly like that in the room. Plus you can clearly hear some verb and/or delay going on.

That said, I have no doubt this amp sounds amazing in person

Back