Suhr Aldrich Sig Amp?

Rev

I remember hearing someone talking about a possible Doug Aldrich sig amp by Suhr. Is there any truth to this?

quinnethan":294ju4nv said:
I remember hearing someone talking about a possible Doug Aldrich sig amp by Suhr. Is there any truth to this?

I don't know if that is going to happen any time soon. You could send Suhr a Marshall to be modded to Aldrich Specs... I would like to know as well if the amp is going to come out or not...

That's what he wrote me:

Suhr":p8o200c8 said:
Ste-Mean":p8o200c8 said:
Hi Mr. Suhr,
I wanted to ask you something about the amp you're working on for Doug, I read something on a thread and I was fascinated about it.
What kind of amp it will be? Can you tell us something more about it? It will be a DA signature model?
And I also wanted to know.. which kind of valves Doug uses on his fave amps?
Thanks a lot,
Stefano

Well I actually talked to Doug a few times this week and just sent him a bunch of new stuff to play with for a project he is doing.
I am also building up another (different that his other amps) amp from one of his old Marshall chassis for him to have fun with.
His favorite is still the original. I always install Chinese 12AX7's but a jj in V1, JJ's for the power tubes.
Reliability is key here and they seem to be the only ones that stand up.
Doug is using a bunch of gear right now of ours but I'm not at liberty to get in to details.
He has been very busy with his new baby and currently working on.... some new stuff !
Sorry to keep so much under wraps but Doug prefers to tell people himself what he is up to.
I'll tell him you all said hey though!

I think this amp will not be out anytime soon...
Remember all the time they've been working on the new PT-100 and it hasn't been out yet...

So Doug's probably workin' on a material for WS and.. maybe Burning Rain, right? Or any other solo record? Or.. what else?
I'm also really curious to know which is this amp that John mentioned in that post and in what consist this mod.. ?
Anyway, interesting thread! It would be interesting if Mr. Suhr explain us something more..

Not Suhr ( :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ) how John would go about it, but I have an Aldrich modded Marshall SL from Martin Golub at LASD. Liked it so much, I sent another JMP over there for the same Aldrich mod. Wanted a back up in case Martin stopped making them. Definitely one of my favorite mods. Simple, no tweaking, no push pull options and all that. Set it and forget it.

Now, if John is contemplating building an Aldrich mod in the HW series, I would be all over this like white on rice. Its that good as a mod, and probably even better as a HW.

The Suhr Reb Beach is starting to give me some gas too. Rob is on the hunt.....

Steve

I bought a Suhr-modded 1983 2203 sight-unseen for dirt cheap, and sorry guys, but yuck. I'm wondering if something might be wrong with it.

steve_k":2yrr1is6 said:
Not Suhr ( :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ) how John would go about it, but I have an Aldrich modded Marshall SL from Martin Golub at LASD. Liked it so much, I sent another JMP over there for the same Aldrich mod. Wanted a back up in case Martin stopped making them. Definitely one of my favorite mods. Simple, no tweaking, no push pull options and all that. Set it and forget it.

Now, if John is contemplating building an Aldrich mod in the HW series, I would be all over this like white on rice. Its that good as a mod, and probably even better as a HW.

Steve

HW ? That is no problem and it can be ordered today.

110db":34nggt0c said:
I bought a Suhr-modded 1983 2203 sight-unseen for dirt cheap, and sorry guys, but yuck. I'm wondering if something might be wrong with it.
Well if you send it to me I'll give it a clean bill of health :rock:
I did many mods though for many people and they are all different depending on what the customer requested.

Suhr":3g95b3fb said:
steve_k":3g95b3fb said:

Steve

HW ? That is no problem and it can be ordered today.

John - I did talk to Ed last week and he has me down for the handwired Aldrich mod. He said about 5 months. Works for me!

Steve

If you think all all Aldrich mods are made the same, think again. John's mod kicks the rest of them to the curb. I was lucky enough to get one of John's mods and it to me is the grail tone I have been after since being on the Marshall hunt. There's no more amp gas, except for one of John's hand-wired SE+ amps that is coming in a couple months. I thought Martin's were good, but John's is the blueprint.

Steve

Back