Suhr Aldrich Sig Amp?

steve_k":2jsmr3bq said:
If you think all all Aldrich mods are made the same, think again. John's mod kicks the rest of them to the curb. I was lucky enough to get one of John's mods and it to me is the grail tone I have been after since being on the Marshall hunt. There's no more amp gas, except for one of John's hand-wired SE+ amps that is coming in a couple months. I thought Martin's were good, but John's is the blueprint.

Steve
I was very close to pulling the trigger on the HW SE+ but noone had any info on it so I spent elsewhere. Now I am sorry and broke :cry:

Suhr":3mh14if7 said:
fearhk213":3mh14if7 said:
I'm curious, how is the Aldrich different from the SE+?
Similar but different
I'm not going to get in to the details :D

Theoretically there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality there is :D

steve_k":2g7jg4c3 said:
If you think all all Aldrich mods are made the same, think again. John's mod kicks the rest of them to the curb. I was lucky enough to get one of John's mods and it to me is the grail tone I have been after since being on the Marshall hunt. There's no more amp gas, except for one of John's hand-wired SE+ amps that is coming in a couple months. I thought Martin's were good, but John's is the blueprint.

Steve
Steve, what cab/speakers do you think is working with it?

steve_k":9s873e1l said:

Steve

That is excellent to hear Steve, that amp must kick some serious ass...

lester":25j3roxl said:
steve_k":25j3roxl said:

Steve
Steve, what cab/speakers do you think is working with it?

I only had a day or two with the amp, but ran it with 2 Bogner 412 cabs.....one with Greenbacks and one with V30's to test it out. Gigged with the amp last night and tonight using only the V30 cab. With the way the EQ is set up, the amp scoops naturally, more than the traditional Marshall circuit and I think this lends itself to V30's. I also tried it with a Mesa V30 Recto cab that has some older, more broken in 8 ohm UK V30's and the speakers sounded better than the newer 16ohm Chinese V30's in the Bogner cab. I am probably going to do a speaker swap and get these old UK V30's into the Bogner cab. They are a little lest brittle than the newer ones. With the Whomp switch on the amp, you really can't take advantage of it and make the GB's work to well with it to dial in the bottom end.

Steve

Cool. You'll be on to tubes soon I bet. Might want to dig them JJ's out the trash :LOL: :LOL: I run some JJ EL34's and Tung-Sol pre's in my SE+ sounds pretty ok. Let me know if you discover something better.

lester":317i2xf6 said:
Cool. You'll be on to tubes soon I bet. Might want to dig them JJ's out the trash :LOL: :LOL: I run some JJ EL34's and Tung-Sol pre's in my SE+ sounds pretty ok. Let me know if you discover something better.

:hys: :hys: :hys:

It's got ARS branded Tesla tubes in it already. So, no need to dig out those match triplets from the trash. Penta 12AX7 Chinese across the pre's.

Steve

Suhr":2dzk59j3 said:
fearhk213":2dzk59j3 said:
I'm curious, how is the Aldrich different from the SE+?
Similar but different
I'm not going to get in to the details :D

So if I wanted the Aldrich tone which OD amp would I be looking at?

steve_k":367ujvgi said:
Not Suhr ( :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )
Now, if John is contemplating building an Aldrich mod in the HW series, I would be all over this like white on rice. Its that good as a mod, and probably even better as a HW.

Steve

We already do, it is our SE100, built from scratch the way it should be, We are starting shipping on them this week.

Anything else new I cant say :D

Back