Suhr SSH vs Dimarzio Crunch Lab

adonix

I have a Standard (alder w/ maple top) with SSH/DSV pickups. Im quite happy with them, but lately i've been wondering if the bridge pickup change would give me a bit thicker lead sound.

SSH is great, nice crunch and rhythm, (cuts through really, really good). My first choice to test would be Dimarzio Crunch lab, any suggestions?

adonix":jnf6ued8 said:
I have a Standard (alder w/ maple top) with SSH/DSV pickups. Im quite happy with them, but lately i've been wondering if the bridge pickup change would give me a bit thicker lead sound.

SSH is great, nice crunch and rhythm, (cuts through really, really good). My first choice to test would be Dimarzio Crunch lab, any suggestions?

SSH+ or Aldrich, IMO if you go further than that you will loose tone at the expensive of output. I would look to the rest of the setup to try and get a fatter tone.

Suhr":27raw21y said:
adonix":27raw21y said:

SSH+, IMO if you go further than that you will loose tone at the expensive of output. I would look to the rest of the setup to try and get a fatter tone.

Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

Suhr":eh07rwxw said:
adonix":eh07rwxw said:

SSH+, IMO if you go further than that you will loose tone at the expensive of output. I would look to the rest of the setup to try and get a fatter tone.

Thanks for reply. Its really a tough choice. Like i said i love how SSH cuts through and this standard is my favorite axe. I might try SSH+ or maybe the Aldrich set.

OR - maybe i just need to order another Suhr with Aldrich pups and mahogany body. :D

Back