Suhr Standard Aldrich Neck pickup keeps cutting out..

cyndicate

Assuming I've been soldering right, my Neck pickup has been cutting out every once in awhile. The thing is it works sometimes, and when I switch between neck/bridge a few times it cuts out. At times it stays on the whole time I play. I'm pretty sure all the connections are soldered correctly since they aren't loose or anything.

I recently installed a new 5 way super switch from Stew Mac and wired it following this diagram in hopes of fixing it.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... _super5way

Could it possibly be a user error or can the neck pickup have something wrong with it? I have tried resoldering the connections about 3 times now, and the problem still exists.. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I'll try to post a pic of the electronics tonight maybe I am doing something stupid. I've swapped pickups on a ton of guitars and never had any problems but this one the problem came up about a month after I bought the guitar new.

This is the guitar in question

8163group.jpg

cyndicate":v6ww63qp said:
Assuming I've been soldering right, my Neck pickup has been cutting out every once in awhile. The thing is it works sometimes, and when I switch between neck/bridge a few times it cuts out. At times it stays on the whole time I play. I'm pretty sure all the connections are soldered correctly since they aren't loose or anything.

I recently installed a new 5 way super switch from Stew Mac and wired it following this diagram in hopes of fixing it.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... _super5way

Could it possibly be a user error or can the neck pickup have something wrong with it? I have tried resoldering the connections about 3 times now, and the problem still exists.. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I'll try to post a pic of the electronics tonight maybe I am doing something stupid. I've swapped pickups on a ton of guitars and never had any problems but this one the problem came up about a month after I bought the guitar new.

This is the guitar in question

8163group.jpg
Post a pic of the electronics cavity.Maybe a ground wire is touching a hot connection intermittently.

I'm just gonna take it apart and have someone look at it, after looking it over I think I fucked up :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds like a it could be a bad switch. There arent really many spots in the wiring of a pickup that would cause intermittent problems, if their are problems in the pickup usually it just stops working all together. I would definitely have a tech check out the switch.

Valtiel":qoypk8xw said:
Sounds like a it could be a bad switch. There arent really many spots in the wiring of a pickup that would cause intermittent problems, if their are problems in the pickup usually it just stops working all together. I would definitely have a tech check out the switch.

Thats what I thought at first, ,and I replaced the switch, I'll just take it to someone who has more knowledge so I don't mess it up any further :LOL: :LOL:

Back