Superdrive and Marsha... Similar? Different?

The Whale

Dave et al,

So, I know Dave Friedman designed the preamp sections for the Superdrive, and obviously designed the entirety of the Marsha. How are these amps similar, both sonically and in functionality? I have a Superdrive and just adore it... and since purchasing it, nothing has turned my ear except it and the Marsha.

Anyone done a comparison, or seen the insides of both? I'm curious. :)

The super drive is kind of similar to my naked amp. But not really. Tonally it is what I hear so it might sound similar. Just what I like.

glassjaw7":1aqjftvz said:
Sorry for being out of the loop, but what Superdrive did you design Dave? The Budda?

from what I understand, both naked and budda superdrive were heavily based off the naylor superdrive preamp section

ericsabbath":1mpl99mb said:
glassjaw7":1mpl99mb said:
Sorry for being out of the loop, but what Superdrive did you design Dave? The Budda?

from what I understand, both naked and budda superdrive were heavily based off the naylor superdrive preamp section
Cool, thanks. :thumbsup:

I've really been missing my superdrive 30 lately. That was such a nice amp. Got drowned out a bit in a 2 guitar setup, but it would be real nice in my current 1 guitar band.

Yeah might be able to do a few things. Its good the way it is though. I would say get a Superdrive 30 though.

Back