Takeuchi floyd compatible big block?

Briman24

Hi guys,
One of my guitars has a takeuchi floyd on it which I just took out the bar insert and put in a floyd style insert. The old one was the screw in style which screws all the way down into the block.
The problem is now i can't put my floyd rose big block on because the 3 bolts spacing is wider. So i need to find a big brass block or any block that has that same spacing?
Anyone know who makes one? Basically same size as a floye rose one but wider hole spacing ?

Last edited:
I might have to cut off the extra width on the original if wider spaced narrow ones don't exist.......😓

Here's a pic to help describe.
20220201_204905.jpg

After searching the net for hours ... .i think the spacing for the 3 bolt holes in the block are the same as gotoh and wilkinson so i ordered a 42mm brass gotoh block.

Turns out the gotoh brass block doesn't fit. It is very close but 2 out of the 3 holes are off by about half a millimeter.

I found out that my floyd is a takeuchi trs-101 but it does have trs-101 stamped on it. So i called FU-Tone today and said they don't make big brass blocks for trs-101. He said I could use a drill press and widen out the holes and it would go. I would have to do this for the bridge and the little shim plate. Don't feel like tackling this though.....
I found a old wilkinson bridge in my tool box and the block fits! It is heavier than the original takeuchi block so i am going to go with it. I give up trying to find a big brass block that fits.
This bridge is very good quality steel. Almost as good as a n original FR.

Back