hear a lot about mayones

what i want to know is:

duval vs regius

one is bolt on

the other is neck through.

anyone play both

thoughts?

anyone prefer the duval

that series seems more metal to me! which i like.

does the regius sustain that much better?

which is the best dealer?

thanks

Haha yeah as an alternative try Helmens new made with olive oil sandwich spread...taste great less filling.

On a more serious note :

I have a Duvell 6 string..I played a Regius briefly. The Duvell has imense clarity while not being harsh or thin in any way. Would be perfect tone for a 7 string IMO.

PROMOS_MAYONNAISE_12_32_OZ.JPG

This is all i heard ...

I have a Regius 6, and string her 60-12 for some low tuned heaviness. Great sustain. Haven't played the Duvell yet. What I can say is the craftsmanship is very well executed. A great feeling guitar when strapped up, very brutal sounding and responds to changes in pickups very well. The only negative I can say about Mayo's is their shitty plastic cases they come in. A shocker that a company selling 3 to 4K+ guitars puts them in a molded plastic case with low dollar latches that easily snap off and get lost.
My .02 FWIW

i have heard that the regius has unreal action. meaning super low buzz free

is that true

how does it compare to your other guitars?

thanks

LanierP":35txoqv2 said:
I have a Regius 6, and string her 60-12 for some low tuned heaviness. Great sustain. Haven't played the Duvell yet. What I can say is the craftsmanship is very well executed. A great feeling guitar when strapped up, very brutal sounding and responds to changes in pickups very well. The only negative I can say about Mayo's is their shitty plastic cases they come in. A shocker that a company selling 3 to 4K+ guitars puts them in a molded plastic case with low dollar latches that easily snap off and get lost.
My .02 FWIW

You know, I read this thread title and came in with the intention of making some witty condiment response. Except a bunch of you clowns beat me to it.
This forum is truly a disfunctional family.
See you at Christmas dinner

fuzzyguitars":1d4h8o2e said:
looking for a new 7 string

hear a lot about mayones

what i want to know is:

duval vs regius

one is bolt on

the other is neck through.

anyone play both

thoughts?

anyone prefer the duval

that series seems more metal to me! which i like.

does the regius sustain that much better?

which is the best dealer?

thanks

I own both; two Regius and one Duvell. The Duvell is for sale. Not because it's a bad guitar, it's quite a nice guitar. It's a little too "metal" for me and I can't get used to the placement of the volume knob. Otherwise, it's a fantastic instrument. I wouldn't say sustain is drastically different on one over the other. While I really like the Regius, I'm not sure if they are worth the price difference over an Ibanez Prestige RGT. Don't get me wrong, they play great, but with a $1500-$2000 price difference, the RGT holds its own.

I only purchased one direct from a dealer, but I had a very nice experience. I was pointed to the dealer by a forum member here, glip22. They are located in Belgium: link below. Good luck.

http://www.omega.be/catalogsearch/result/?q=mayones

I can never look at these guitars the same after this thread.

I wonder if they're so good that I'll look like Peter when I play.

Jizzcaster.

As well as being an excellent guitar player, I wonder whether some of Pete Thorn's success is down to the additional traffic his website accidentally receives.

I think they nailed the wood combination they put together for the Duvell elite model. Best sounding bolt on guitar I have tried for metal tones. Super tight and clear on the lows , yet thick and smooth on the highs , nothing harsh or overly aggressive.

One thing to keep in mind is there necks are wide and the fretboard radius is flat. So if you are used to compound radius and narrower necks you may or may not love that aspect of the guitar.

Back