TC Electronics Jims 800 clip

Sounds great. Never knew this existed. Very cool.
thanks man! I believe this came out about the same time as the Friedman ir-x and it took all the thunder lol I had the Friedman and preferred this for direct recording. TC has several different amp versions of this. -One is a 5150, I might snag one of those. I think these are pretty cheap :$

Dig it...
Ok gotta choose ...this or the gt2
I gotta have both lol. The Jims 800 is much better for direct recording. But for live into a pa, the sansamp is always awesome. plus I’m doing some busking this summer with a battery powered speaker and the jims 800 doesnt run off a battery. i want to be totally power independent and the gt-2 will run forever off a 9v

Thanks Darren!!! Great playing! The rhythm tone in the beginning sounds a little blown out and fuzzy but once the full band kicks in it sounds great. There is an engineering/production lesson in there somewhere that I will be too dumb to learn. :)

I had the Friedman IR-X too but to be honest I had better luck with plug ins for direct recording. I may give this one a try.

Thanks Darren!!! Great playing! The rhythm tone in the beginning sounds a little blown out and fuzzy but once the full band kicks in it sounds great. There is an engineering/production lesson in there somewhere that I will be too dumb to learn. :)

I had the Friedman IR-X too but to be honest I had better luck with plug ins for direct recording. I may give this one a try.
hey thanks man!! I could have had a better tone if I eq’d a little or even used an SD-1 to boost instead of the internal boost. But I wanted to do the best I could with the pedal alone do you could hear just that.

It sounds really good on it's own and I appreciate the honest recording of just what the pedal is capable of and I agree that maybe a different boost would make it a little tighter and smoother sounding.

It does sound a bit fuzzy to me and rounded in the tone.. interesting to hear you guys not like the Friedman. On paper and in the clips I have heard, it sounds promising. What didn't you guys like about it? Was it also too " polished" sounding like a lot of the amps?

It does sound a bit fuzzy to me and rounded in the tone.. interesting to hear you guys not like the Friedman. On paper and in the clips I have heard, it sounds promising. What didn't you guys like about it? Was it also too " polished" sounding like a lot of the amps?
so for me the Friedman sounded soft, for lack of a better term. slow pick attack no matter how much gain/boost I played with. but I was only interested in it for direct recording, so I never tried it into an amp, but I like my amps so I didn’t need that. I actually really like Dave’s amps and I’ve played them several times, but the ir-x just didnt do it for me,

Back