Testing IK ToneX amp capturing: Friedman Butterslax ch3

errrrrl

So I got my IK ToneX capture thing the other day. For those that don't know its basically a software only app that runs on Windows/Mac/Ipad etc that can play modeled amps and capture your own amps, like a Kemper or Quad Cortex. I only got it for capturing. I picked up a Kemper a few years ago and have always been disappointed in my diy profiles. The biggest let down for me was the Kemper would always stop and bitch about too much gain too.

So for this test I cranked the fucking gain up man.. had it on 9 out of 10 on channel 3. It captured it pretty good, when bouncing back n forth between the amp and capture during the capture process I'd say some of the highs and high mids were different. I read that for high gain shit it wasn't like 100% vs lower gain captures (for now at least, this thing is still pretty new) but honestly tweaking the presence in the software and using the depth control really made it not bad at all.. better than my Kemper. Anyway here is a test recording using way more gain than I normally use lol.

So listening to it back today in my car, I realize its not good to dial in tones late at night with headphones and ringing ears lol... Sounds way more thin and brittle and just digital... but thats probably cause of me. Will keep hacking at it.

So listening to it back today in my car, I realize its not good to dial in tones late at night with headphones and ringing ears lol... Sounds way more thin and brittle and just digital... but thats probably cause of me. Will keep hacking at it.
I like some brittle . A lot actually. I like it man

We are our own worst critics. Dude, the song ripped. I thought it sounded good. All your songs sound good. Not like you put out a stinker here.

Back