The more things change...

Odin

...the more they remain the same.

About 5 years ago I was attacked on this and other forums by a legion of Cameron fanbois because I suggested that Mark Cameron was taking people's money and not shipping them amps. These Cameron cheerleaders all insisted that Mark was a "stand up guy" and that everyone would get their amps, Mark was busy, Mark had personal issues, Mark had medical issues, Mark was blah blah blah...but in the end Mark was simply taking people's money and not shipping them amps.

So have the fanbois finally realized that Mark Cameron took thousands of dollars and did not communicate with customers, did not refund customers and did not ship customers their amplifiers?

Seriously, if anyone can still defend Mark Cameron please speak up. We already know that he has built a great sounding amp before, that's not the issue here.

Mark Cameron took plenty of people's cash, and there is absolutely no indication that he ever had any intention of giving them anything in return, which is not only bad business, it's criminal. If he was "hand building" the amplifiers (which I have done on numerous occasions) then we know that each amplifier had less than $1000 in parts (probably less than $400, but I'll be very generous for the sake of discussion). So if he's charging $3000 deposits and he's got a few hundred in parts costs the excuse of "he spent the money on parts and then he got sick and couldn't complete the amps" doesn't hold water, because he could have refunded most of the money, or all of the money to most of the customers.

I see a thread where an investor may buy the rights to build the amps and sell them, which would be cool because it should allow the product to actually hit the streets. But why bother, just send 1 amp to Nik at Ceriatone to reverse engineer and he can sell hand built exact duplicates for $600. It's a guitar amplifier, not a space shuttle. There is nothing in that amplifier that is so special that only Mark can make it (which apparently he can't even do). It's a collection of resistors, capacitors, diodes, potentiometers and tubes. Hell, someone send me one and I will reverse engineer it and send your amp back with $1000, which would give me a CCV for about $1500 and my time.

I really wanted one of these amps after hearing the clips of it. If it was a matter of too much money, or too long a wait, I would simply accept it and forget about it (like I do with the idea of buying a vintage Dumble). But the Cameron issue is not about the amp, it's about the man ripping people off, and even more it's about the blind allegiance of the fanbois who defend the man for literally years after people paid their money and got dick for it.

Go ahead, tell me what a stand up guy Mark Cameron is and how I'm just not cool enough to send in my $3000 and wait for an indeterminate amount of years without hearing a single syllable from the guy I sent my money to regarding the ETA of my amp. But you gotta realize just how asinine you sound when you defend this guy, after literally years of doing nothing about fulfilling the orders he took money on.

I told this guy that I was sending in my money to get a Cameron CCV.

laughingman.jpg

Not that I condone Mark's business practices but whats with the Negative Nancy thread on Christmas eve. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't think any of us are saying that he's a stand up guy. Where do you see that? Read up and see that Brad has taken over the CCV production, etc and they are coming out and people are getting their amps. Mark is no longer in charge of the $ or distribution.

I think the guy is pointing out, again, that when someone conducts themselves like that then they should treated as a pariah. This notion of "pariah" holds no weight around here though. If you have something we want that's good enough, redemption isn't necessary to sell something around here. Good thing too or I'd be in a heap of trouble. :LOL: :LOL: Merry Christmas to you guys.

lester":3hkgy26k said:
I think the guy is pointing out, again, that when someone conducts themselves like that then they should treated as a pariah. This notion of "pariah" holds no weight around here though. If you have something we want that's good enough, redemption isn't necessary to sell something around here. Good thing too or I'd be a heap of trouble. :LOL: :LOL: Merry Christmas to you guys.
Oh I hear what he is saying....I wanted to buy amps from Mark a few years back. But never did due to how business was handled then. But Brad seems to have it rolling QUITE WELL these days. And the Cameron tone is still there. :thumbsup:
I can see myself snagging one in the future. :D

You talk as if he ripped off tons of people. There were some mods in and around the time Jerry persuaded Mark to build CCV's. Jerry likes Mark allot and was trying to help along with securing a good possible opportunity for himself. Mark at the time was struggling with a deep depression. Mark is not a drug addict.Depression is crippling if you know anything about it. It is ongoing. At the time Jerry could not get Mark to complete the amps because of his illness. Depression is an illness in case you did not know. He fell behind in life expenses, and it became a matter of someone getting there amp or him starving to death. What would you have done. He told Jerry he did not want to build amps before any money was sent. Jerry pushed him with good intentions. Mark feels worse than anyone. One of, if not the main reasons Mark agreed to work with the new Cameron owners and his deal with them was to get these guys there amps. He has not stolen from anybody with the promise of these guys getting there amps which Brad and company have stepped up to. You talk about Cameron fanbois. I'm not a fanboi. I know what happened. It doesn't make it right and Mark will be the first one to tell you that. These are the facts.

Bla bla bla same old bs... he ripped off 14 people for CCV's and im sure many others we don't know of dude... what would have happened if Brad didnt step up ????

You know what i really want to know? Where's my amp?

And the money i sent to help pay his cell phone bill, rent, power bill, eat, parts, and for the mod?

How about the mercury output transformer and the choke i sent also?

Or how about the original 2 weeks it was supposed to take in 2007 to mod my amp?

and the favors i did moderating the forum, taking phone calls and putting up with all the bullshit?

or how about the thousands in all the NICE tax free business i got for Mark, moving money through my personal bank account?

hmm wait... how about the 3 different sets of fake tracking numbers I was given for my amp that he shipped?

How about the attenuator that he gave me to make up for when i made a special trip to his place in california 3 days in a row because he promised me my amp would be done, OH wait, he sold that to someone ELSE when i had it and made me ship it to them, and promised i'd get another one. Yea ok...

Or how about all the long talks about how he's sick, and sick of all this to buy more time?

How many times can you cry wolf because you have no time to finish my amp, and that your to sick to work on anything, or your gonna get thrown out of your place, meanwhile myself, Ron Wright, Jimmy Vombus, Jay Strange, even Brad King, and how many others??? wait in guitar amp purgatory ? while you back door amps left and right for local guys, even after requesting for you to just return the amps as is, you still don't.

How many times can you bullshit someone before they just don't want to hear it anymore? well i'll tell you... in almost 5 years time, i've had enough. Here I am same as ever, no amp, no money, with Mark still making his problems mine.

How about getting a phone call at 2am from mark threatening me to tell my boss that he better give him 50k or else he will never do business with him or be allowed to sell cameron amps???.... Yea right !! Give me a break ..

How bout after everything, getting hung up on by Mark after simply asking for what's yours back .... ?

And yea i fell for it and used to be a former fanboy but not anymore...

How bout when I called mark and begged for my amp as is because I
lost my job and needed money to pay bills before i left for tour??

Anyone who supports Cameron is no better then he is, and anyone who gives him a dime is a damn fool. I'm done, stick my fucking amp up your ass sideways mark, (if it still even exists) take it outside in the street and burn it , throw it against the wall like you did JAY STRANGES amp, because i don't fucking want it anymore, your a fucking GYPSY.

And to YOU Mark you say you wonder why i don't just call you ??? MAN I HAVE CALLED YOU FOR 4 + YEARS, that is when you actually picked up, Because obviously calling you does jack shit after all this time, so maybe this will ... your sick of internet people and bullshit? , well guess what! I'm sick of your fuckin shit and Lies , if your so damn sick of it then finish everyones shit or just give it back already as is and make it go away! .... so think hard for a minute about what you've done to me and others and give me one good reason why I don't deserve to post this. Because everything i've posted here is 100% true. So If i can prevent one person from getting burned, and even if i can take one sale from you, i've succeeded here. Hope it was worth it....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

FINALLY!

Someone who gets it.

If sob stories were dollars, Mark Cameron could have shipped his amps packed in crumpled up $100 bills. But this skinny little dude apparently ate $30,000 with of deposits do he wouldn't starve. He was never too sick or depressed to take another $3000 in cash from another sucker. Everyone on this forum who posted about what a stand up guy Mark was helped Mark steal from those who los their mobey. Enough with the bullshit. He's a crook.

The new people making Cameron amps have not committed to shipping amps to those who lost their money to Cameron. And anyone questioning the fact that people on RT helped Mark scam people by vouching for him must not have been aroud here long. I can find dozens of posts by RT members saying that Mark Cameron is a stand up guy, that everyone will get their
amps, etc...

Some people need a building to fall on their head before they can see the obvious. And some aren't even that sharp and would still make excuses for Mark to this day.

dawnofdreamx97":3h1g523k said:
Bla bla bla same old bs... he ripped off 14 people for CCV's and im sure many others we don't know of dude...

And the money i sent to help pay his cell phone bill, rent, power bill, eat, parts, and for the mod?

Or how about the original 2 weeks it was supposed to take in 2007 to mod my amp?

and the favors i did moderating the forum, taking phone calls and putting up with all the bullshit?

or how about the thousands in all the NICE tax free business i got for Mark, moving money through my personal bank account?

hmm wait... how about the 3 different sets of fake tracking numbers I was given for my amp that he shipped?

How about the attenuator that he gave me to make up for when i made a special trip to his place in california 3 days in a row because he promised me my amp would be done, OH wait, he sold that to someone ELSE when i had it and made me ship it to them, and promised i'd get another one. Yea ok...

Or how about all the long talks about how he's sick, and sick of all this to buy more time?

How many times can you cry wolf because you have no time to finish my amp, and that your to sick to work on anything, or your gonna get thrown out of your place, not ours, meanwhile myself, Ron Wright, Jimmy Vombus, Jay Strange, even Brad King Your former Partner, and how many others??? wait in guitar amp purgatory ? while you back door amps left and right for local guys, even after requesting for you to just return the amp as is, you still don't.

How many times can you bullshit someone before they just don't want to hear it anymore? well i'll tell you... in almost 5 years time, i've had enough. Here I am same as ever, no amp, no money, with Mark still making his problems mine.

How bout after everything, getting hung up on by Mark after simply asking for what's yours back .... ?

Anyone who supports Cameron is no better then he is, and anyone who gives him a dime is a damn fool. I'm done, stick my fucking amp up your ass sideways mark, (if it still even exists) take it outside in the street and burn it , throw it against the wall like you did JAY STRANGES amp, because i don't fucking want it anymore, your a fucking GYPSY.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hey this is Brad King, I own the Rig-Talk forum and I own Mark Cameron's designs to build amps and Cameron Amplifiers name now.

Mark is not and never has been my partner. I said in the beginning I would not be a partner in a lemonade stand with Mark Cameron because he is not a stand up guy. But he is a damn amp genius with killer skills.

Someone might think I would delete this thread because I can and I would want to sweep Marks bad behavior under the rug, far from it I don't condone his bullshit and I won't take down threads that are legit. I would NEVER send Mark Cameron any money for anything as I have always said. I don't condone Marks past or even current bullshit. I am kinda sorry I ever stepped up to try to unfuck this thing which I along with my brothers Rob Navarrette & Dave Friedman and have been able to do when no one else could and yes standing too close to his name gets you kicked in the nuts.

Nick I have done everything to try to help you, even to the point of telling Mark to take a walk when he wouldn't give you back your shit. I called you daily to tell you what was up. Then you blast me on the board because Mark screwed you over. I am pretty surprised by that. You got a legit beef with Mark for sure from 4 years ago. Either fly to LA and beat down the door and settle your dispute you have with HIM personally or give it up and forget about it.

Heres the deal, Mark Cameron doesn't work for me never did. I spent tons of time, energy and money to get were we are today with killer Cameron designed amps coming out. We did it, they are coming out and they sound killer. They are great, he is not. If you need to love the guy who designed your amp than maybe its not for you. If you need to love the guy who made it happen hopefully you think enough of me and my crew to try one. If you could give a fuck about any of the drama and just want the best sounding amp with out having to have a bromance with the designer than you definitely want a Cameron because they sound insane.

I am not defending Mark at all. Quite frankly he has screwed me around more than any of you and I have pissed away more money on him than any of you. I stick by it and make it work. Last I talked to Mark and he was hitting me up for money once again I told him he needed to find something else to do because it wasn't working with us. He is a contract designer, if he has a design he is supposed to bring it to me otherwise I got nothing to do with him.

Is he modding amps and doing stuff out the back door in direct violation of the deal he signed with me, of course he is and I know guys on this board he did it with, Im no dummy, I know whats up. Not much I can or will do about it. If you send Mark Cameron money you are NUTS! That was the whole reason we stepped in to be the trusted guys which we are.

As far as the lost CCV amps, heres a newsflash for you, Rob, Dave and I have already built and sent out a couple of those on our own dime to make guys whole. It didn't come from Mark, he has contributed nothing. Was it our obligation, Hell No it wasn't but we did it anyway and we will do more as we move forward and as we can afford too when things sell, we are not getting rich over here doing this. If they don't sell and it doesn't make sense we won't Simple math there folks. If YOU sent him YOUR own amp 3 years ago and YOUR $ what in the world do you expect me to do about that? Hell my own amp was at his place for a year and just got retrieved in pieces last week and is sitting in a pile on the floor at Tone Merchants. I can't even get my own amp done and you think I have some kind of magic to get yours done from several years ago???

I have just about had my fill with the whole Mark Cameron situation. The good news is the designs are secured and the amps will be made reliably and professionally by two of the best builders in the world and the tone is there in spades. You get the Cameron tone reliably with out risking your money.

If your one of the guys who would rather deal with Mark in person, Know that it is against his contract with me and it is fucking over the guys who lost amps. If you still don't care and work out some hush hush illegal deal heres a bit of advise. You better come to LA, You better do it in person, You better do it one sitting, You better keep your eye on your amp, You better bring your own parts, otherwise don't come looking to me for sympathy.

So there ya go and Merry Christmas to you.

Brad

King Guitar":2pqf0es4 said:
Nick I have done nothing but try to help you, even to the point of telling Mark to take a walk when he wouldn't give you back your shit. I called you daily to tell you what was up. Then you blast me on the board because Mark screwed you over. I am pretty surprised by that. You got a legit beef with Mark for sure from 4 years ago. Either fly to LA and beat down the door and settle your dispute you have with HIM personally or give it up and forget about it.

Brad ,

I don't know anything about your business arrangements with Mark, that isn't my place. So I would like everyone to know that you have tried to help me retrieve my amp and that i didn't send you my amp, i sent it to Mark. I apologize and I was out of line and very angry.

I have my own plan on how to handle this situation from here on out.

Thanks

Mark Cameron is much like Jerry Sandusky instead of using little boys he seems to use grown men. Mark Cameron is a piece of shit and far from a genius. Bogner , Diezel, Suhr,Egnater, Landgraff, Fryette and so many more are the real guys. They build great amps and deliver. Cameron screws people, including his friends and supporters. Brad could do everyone a favor by simply removing pictures of Cameron in his promo threads etc. It adds insult to have to look at his face among these many rave threads. Personally I think Mark should be in prison making faceplates for his amps and the only pictures I want to see off him is his face enjoying a couple dicks up his ass.

dawnofdreamx97":21iw9qbb said:
Bla bla bla same old bs... he ripped off 14 people for CCV's and im sure many others we don't know of dude...

How many times can you cry wolf because you have no time to finish my amp, and that your to sick to work on anything, or your gonna get thrown out of your place, meanwhile myself, Ron Wright, Jimmy Vombus, Jay Strange, even Brad King, and how many others??? wait in guitar amp purgatory ? while you back door amps left and right for local guys, even after requesting for you to just return the amps as is, you still don't.

How about getting a phone call at 2am from mark threatening me to tell my boss that he better give him 50k or else he will never do business with him or be allowed to sell cameron amps???.... Yea right !! Give me a break ..

And yea i fell for it and used to be a former fanboy but not anymore...

How bout when I called mark and begged for my amp as is because I
lost my job and needed money to pay bills before i left for tour??

And to YOU Mark you say you wonder why i don't just call you ??? MAN I HAVE CALLED YOU FOR 4 + YEARS, that is when you actually picked up, Because obviously calling you does jack shit after all this time, so maybe this will ... your sick of internet people and bullshit? , well guess what! I'm sick of your fuckin shit and Lies , so think hard for a minute about what you've done to me and others and give me one good reason why I don't deserve to post this. Because everything i've posted here is 100% true. So If i can prevent one person from getting burned, and even if i can take one sale from you, i've succeeded here. Hope it was worth it....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I can't help but ask if u were one of the mods who used to delete any "negative" threads or questions on delivery dates etc?? I know that there were a lot legit threads erased which helped more people fall in. It sucks to get played or took but there are some great b.s con artists out there and having an opiate addiction isn't easy and requires a lot of money and outside help. Unfortunately u woke up too late. Doesn't make much sense to complain now cause as u know the company is in different hands.

Mark isn't a drug addict, i just think he's a gypsy, scheming, no Conscience having thief. A talented one... but none the less, quite possibly he demonstrates the true example of sociopathic behavior.

Definition of Sociopathic Behavior
-
1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;

2) deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;

3) impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead;

4) irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
reckless disregard for safety of self or others;

5) consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;

6) lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

Yea his amps are great - And he knows it, so maybe its just the arrogance factor to ... as in fuck you , you'll get your amp when i feel like it.

At that time I moderated the forum i probably did delete some posts that shouldn't have been deleted Joepete77, so i guess I got mine huh?? :yes:

and I can't help but ask ? does mark owe you something ?

YOU KNOW - I really think we should compile an official list of who is owed what, please if you aren't owed something then just leave this be.

Owed- 69 Marshall previously modded by Lee Jackson. Sent to Mark 4 years ago with $800. Repeated ship dates and promises but no amp and no recent communication. That is my friend Ron Wrights amp that Mark stole. He is without a doubt a sociopath Nick. No conscience whatsoever. He will say and do anything but rarely the right ting unless it benefits him for even a second.

Based on what I've seen here, Brad King is the definition of a stand up guy, the polar opposite of Mark Cameron.

I have my own issue with Mark Cameron that I always have, and always will, refuse to air out on a public forum. My only goal is to keep shining the light of truth through the shroud of bullshit that Cameron's fanbois use to cloak his criminal acts and allow him to keep ripping people off. I'm not going to go into detail of my issue with Mark beyond that. It diesnt matter, the Cameron cheerleaders will take up for him no matter what.

Unless the threads have been deleted, I can go back years ago on Rig Talk and show where I warned people that Mark Cameron was a thieving drug addict, and I can show posts from many respected Rig Talk members where they attack me an call Mark a stand up guy. Those are the facts. I was always on the right side of this situation and I was ganged up on and attacked on this forum for daring to tell the truth about Mark Cameron.

I motherfucking told you so, and i won't get tired of saying that.

Odin":224fyowu said:
Based on what I've seen here, Brad King is the definition of a stand up guy, the polar opposite of Mark Cameron.

I have my own issue with Mark Cameron that I always have, and always will, refuse to air out on a public forum. My only goal is to keep shining the light of truth through the shroud of bullshit that Cameron's fanbois use to cloak his criminal acts and allow him to keep ripping people off. I'm not going to go into detail of my issue with Mark beyond that. It diesnt matter, the Cameron cheerleaders will take up for him no matter what.

Unless the threads have been deleted, I can go back years ago on Rig Talk and show where I warned people that Mark Cameron was a thieving drug addict, and I can show posts from many respected Rig Talk members where they attack me an call Mark a stand up guy. Those are the facts. I was always on the right side of this situation and I was ganged up on and attacked on this forum for daring to tell the truth about Mark Cameron.

I motherfucking told you so, and i won't get tired of saying that.

Dude......you are free to talk about Cameron, the person or the amps all you want to. But, cool it with the "fanbois and cheerleader" shit, why don't you? I happen to like Mark's amps and work, all of which were purchased second hand, by the way. So, if you are taking a direct shot toward me and a few others and that won't last very much longer.

Steve

Back