The paranormal, supernatural, and life outside planet earth.

tlp1234

I know this will draw lots of flak. Any directed at me go ahead. It's okay, I won't take offense. Years ago I used to poke at those that brought this stuff up as a special kind of wackos-tin foil hat types. In my later years though, I keep an open mind on these things. Just because I haven't seen these things live yet doesn't mean they don't exist, and there is nothing I'd like better than to experience some of what I've read about/seen on television in documentaries.....etc et al.

Here in the last years of my life I've become really interested in it all.

How about you?

Anyone have any experiences to share?

No personal experiences, but my uncle claims to have been chased by a bigfoot when he was in his mid 20's or so.

I'm skeptical on what may be real but open to anything that could show proof.

And let me be the first one to post this because you know it would make it into this thread anyway. :LOL:

1662168496655.png

If you don’t believe in “magic” than you shall never experience “magic”

I’ve had quite a few experiences of the subtle world.

No personal experiences, but my uncle claims to have been chased by a bigfoot when he was in his mid 20's or so.

I'm skeptical on what may be real but open to anything that could show proof.

And let me be the first one to post this because you know it would make it into this thread anyway. :LOL:

View attachment 133810
I've wanted to believe in the bigfoot lore, but have always thought if they really existed why hasn't someone found credible biological remains? Maybe they have. I don't know anything about it. I've always been suspicious of the ubiquitous footprint plasters.

I have had a few odd things in my life I couldn't explain.

One being the time I lived in Cartersville, GA (circa 1992) close to the Etowah Burial Mounds. Both my wife and expereinced seeing apparitions in the house we lived in there. Also many lucid dreams. Back then, we didn't discuss it. We figured no one would believe us anyway. For years and years, I could not accept it. I figured my mind playing random tricks on me.

These days, still not knowing what to think, and sure folks think I'm whacked for talking about it. Hence the thread. But somehow now I don't care what others think. I don't mean that in an indignant or flippant way either. I just don't feel or see things the same as 30yrs ago.

I want to believe but I want proof, and haven't found any. Georgio hasn't convinced me yet, but he's got me wondering. I've been watching that series since it came out. Another is The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.

By definition spirits have no mass, no volume and no location in space.

This not only makes them indestructible, but immeasurable by known scientific means, so anticipating scientific proof is, I'm afraid, a fool's errand.

What can be measured statistically and by other means is a spirit's effect on an individual. IOW, you can't detect the cause, but the effect can be plain-to-see.

Kinda like the wind on a clear day. You see its effects, but not the wind itself.

I’ve experienced electrocution phenomena in a dream. Thought I was going to die, woke up and saw the black smoke vortex in my room. Very real.

Also seen the non-physical esthetic double of this world too. It’s more real than the physical plane.

This not only makes them indestructible, but immeasurable by known scientific means, so anticipating scientific proof is, I'm afraid, a fool's errand.

What can be measured statistically and by other means is a spirit's effect on an individual. IOW, you can't detect the cause, but the effect can be plain-to-see.

Kinda like the wind on a clear day. You see its effects, but not the wind itself.
I believe there are limits to conventional physics. But I also believe there are things in this world we experience that simply cannot be explained by conventional means.....yet.

Some would call that magic. I won't argue with those people. I just believe there are things that exist that we are at a loss to define and quantify at the moment. Doesn't mean it will always be so since science moves and constantly expands its means of understanding what it couldn't before.

Reminds me of the old axiom that those who believe need no proof whereas no proof will suffice to those that don't.

Now that I'm not tired and can type coherently.

Aside from the bigfoot story from my uncle I have a second hand experience on the apparition side. My aunt and uncle lived in an old historic part of town. My great aunts & uncle lived across the street from them. The all had experiences with who they believed was the previous owner "haunting" the house. These two following events would happen very often.

My aunt & uncle would hear footsteps on the wooden porch and see a person's shadow go across the windows. Their dog would bark at it too. Thinking it was one of my great aunts/uncle coming over to visit they'd go to the door, but no one would be there. My mom thought they were full of crap until she experienced it for herself one day when she was over there.

My uncle would often work in the shop. At the end of the day he's shut down, turn everything off and lock up. A little while later he'd get a call from my great uncle (that lived across the street) that he forgot to turn the lights off. My uncle would check, see the lights still on, then go turn them off then lock back up again. The light switch was one of those old timey ones that you twisted and was pretty heavy to turn. Basically it wasn't one that would turn on/off without intention. Anyway, like an hour or so later my uncle would get another phone call.... "are you going to go turn your shop lights off?" Of course he'd be... "what are you talking about? I did turn them off." So he'd look and sure enough the lights would be back on. He'd go back and forth with this a time or two until the lights stayed off for the night.

I've wanted to believe in the bigfoot lore, but have always thought if they really existed why hasn't someone found credible biological remains? Maybe they have. I don't know anything about it. I've always been suspicious of the ubiquitous footprint plasters.
I don't know if the bigfoot of lore is real, but I do know it's 100% possible for creatures to go undiscovered even in well populated areas. It's funny to me that science is supposed to be open minded to possibilities and search for facts and truth with no bias. But scientists are some of the most closed minded people I know. 2 of the biggest examples of this from different fields....

#1 similar to bigfoot is the giant squid Architeuthis dux; the one that the kraken legend is based on. For the longest time it was nothing that a fisherman's tale. No "true" biologist would ever give this any credit. And if you even thought the possibility of a giant squid existed you became a laughing stock in the scientific community. Lord forbid you actually tried to do a study/search.... might as well kiss your reputation and career goodbye. I guess the team that was made fun of got the last laugh when they found their proof.

#2 is another one from the ocean. Rogue waves. Since man started sailing the oceans stories of enormous rogue waves capsizing ships existed. Of course the scientific community didn't want to believe it. Similar to the giant squid, if you devoted any serious effort to studying the phenomena you might was well pack up your scientific career. No scientist could imagine how a random large wave could appear out of nowhere the disappear just as suddenly; even though the physics behind it is pretty simple and straight forward. Basically scientists called bullshit on anything that suggested rogue waves existed. It took a captain of an oil tanker (I think) to finally capture one on camera for the scientific community to consider they my be real.

And just in general there are many species that go undiscovered, some even going extinct without ever being known to exist. There have even been several species of great apes that have gone undiscovered for centuries until recently. Their elusive nature and smaller numbers kept them hidden for such a long time. Combining that with the scientific community's reluctance to consider the possibility they exist... I can 100% see this being the case with bigfoot going undiscovered. I can't say if there is such a species a bigfoot or not. What I do believe though is that similar to the example above, there's enough lore; which is likely based in some truth, that the possibility of their existence shouldn't be discredited.

Now that I'm not tired and can type coherently.

Aside from the bigfoot story from my uncle I have a second hand experience on the apparition side. My aunt and uncle lived in an old historic part of town. My great aunts & uncle lived across the street from them. The all had experiences with who they believed was the previous owner "haunting" the house. These two following events would happen very often.

My aunt & uncle would hear footsteps on the wooden porch and see a person's shadow go across the windows. Their dog would bark at it too. Thinking it was one of my great aunts/uncle coming over to visit they'd go to the door, but no one would be there. My mom thought they were full of crap until she experienced it for herself one day when she was over there.

My uncle would often work in the shop. At the end of the day he's shut down, turn everything off and lock up. A little while later he'd get a call from my great uncle (that lived across the street) that he forgot to turn the lights off. My uncle would check, see the lights still on, then go turn them off then lock back up again. The light switch was one of those old timey ones that you twisted and was pretty heavy to turn. Basically it wasn't one that would turn on/off without intention. Anyway, like an hour or so later my uncle would get another phone call.... "are you going to go turn your shop lights off?" Of course he'd be... "what are you talking about? I did turn them off." So he'd look and sure enough the lights would be back on. He'd go back and forth with this a time or two until the lights stayed off for the night.

I don't know if the bigfoot of lore is real, but I do know it's 100% possible for creatures to go undiscovered even in well populated areas. It's funny to me that science is supposed to be open minded to possibilities and search for facts and truth with no bias. But scientists are some of the most closed minded people I know. 2 of the biggest examples of this from different fields....

#1 similar to bigfoot is the giant squid Architeuthis dux; the one that the kraken legend is based on. For the longest time it was nothing that a fisherman's tale. No "true" biologist would ever give this any credit. And if you even thought the possibility of a giant squid existed you became a laughing stock in the scientific community. Lord forbid you actually tried to do a study/search.... might as well kiss your reputation and career goodbye. I guess the team that was made fun of got the last laugh when they found their proof.

#2 is another one from the ocean. Rogue waves. Since man started sailing the oceans stories of enormous rogue waves capsizing ships existed. Of course the scientific community didn't want to believe it. Similar to the giant squid, if you devoted any serious effort to studying the phenomena you might was well pack up your scientific career. No scientist could imagine how a random large wave could appear out of nowhere the disappear just as suddenly; even though the physics behind it is pretty simple and straight forward. Basically scientists called bullshit on anything that suggested rogue waves existed. It took a captain of an oil tanker (I think) to finally capture one on camera for the scientific community to consider they my be real.

And just in general there are many species that go undiscovered, some even going extinct without ever being known to exist. There have even been several species of great apes that have gone undiscovered for centuries until recently. Their elusive nature and smaller numbers kept them hidden for such a long time. Combining that with the scientific community's reluctance to consider the possibility they exist... I can 100% see this being the case with bigfoot going undiscovered. I can't say if there is such a species a bigfoot or not. What I do believe though is that similar to the example above, there's enough lore; which is likely based in some truth, that the possibility of their existence shouldn't be discredited.
Awesome!

Thank you for all that.

Yes.....cryptids and rediscoveries/reconfirmations prevail. Remember the Coelacanth? Reconfirmed in 1938.

Unfortunately we are all a victim of bias clouding perception to some degree. I think about this frequently in my old age and added it to the list of my many flaws years ago.

One of the many flaws of humanity.

Subjective vs objective realities vs the latest contemporaneous social construct du jour is a perpetual kettle of fish with endless variants.

We are often our own worst enemy without realizing it.

I often remind myself I'm the most difficult person I think I know, and often enough the most difficult person I'm forced to deal with.

I’ve been interested these subjects since I was 6 or 7 years old. I keep my mind open to the unknown but get more skeptical with age so until a UFO lands in my yard, Bigfoot sits on my couch or the ghost of Marylin Monroe gives me a hand job, I‘ll remain a skeptic.

I believe there are limits to conventional physics. But I also believe there are things in this world we experience that simply cannot be explained by conventional means.....yet.

Some would call that magic. I won't argue with those people. I just believe there are things that exist that we are at a loss to define and quantify at the moment. Doesn't mean it will always be so since science moves and constantly expands its means of understanding what it couldn't before.
Quantum physicists have long believed that there are many dimensions beyond the 4 (including time, a "constructed" one IMHO) we and the known universe exist in.

Theologians and others have for thousands of years pondered what perspectives from higher dimensions might be - sight, sound, wisdom, timelessness and whatnot. Unfortunately, as you allude to, we have no way of knowing and I wouldn't hold my breath for science to figure out ways to discover these things.

The simplest distillation that works for me is what I implied initially, that without mass, volume and location one's operating from a higher dimension, in essence, as a spirit. How much does the real you weigh? Where are you located? I propose that arguably the greatest scientific achievement, beyond our most-sophisticated-robot design (humans), is the attachment of the spirit to the biological body. The biological body dies; the spirit cannot.

Remember the Coelacanth? Reconfirmed in 1938.
My mum's uncle was on that boat. My immediate family moved to Aus over 40 years ago but the rest remained in South Africa.

There has to be life out there somewhere. Space is infinite. No way we are the only life.

There was a cool documentary on apple where they interviewed people like military personnel, congressman, navy pilots, dudes from government agencies, and not any of the usual suspects that either see or communicate with the aliens on a regular basis. They showed the footage of the pilots chasing the pill shaped vessel that covered a hundred miles in a split second.

They also covered the school in former Rhodesia from the 90s. It was very interesting. I watched something else on the same event. They brought back all the students from all over the world. It must have been an international school for kids whose parents were diplomats as the now adults who witnessed it are all over the world before they brought them together they said to draw what they saw and everybody drew the same thing.

They were in class and looked out the window. They saw a ship hovering quietly 10 feet off the ground. All the kids AND TEACHERS went out. They said the aliens spoke to them Via their minds. They said earth was at a dangerous tipping point. The teachers even confirm it happened and some are senior citizens now and they remember it perfectly.

Very interesting. Watch the apple documentary aliens. It’s fascinating.

You’re so in my squad of groovy renegades.

You’re so in my squad of groovy renegades.
You mention wind..,
replace wind with
‘Vibes’ next time around, alrighty??
I would have greatly enjoyed you coming over
and spending time in my meditation chamber, or “think tanks”.
I’m not talking only about “riding the beam”.
We’d come out of the dungeon brothers..
-an Aussie’ & Americano’ for an evening of
“Intellectual feasting”…

I feel ya bro'; thanks for the compliment too.

That reminds me - a feeling is real to the person experiencing it but nobody can see it...

I witnessed a spirit one time in my life, working on a remodel in a parish in Nola. Its been 30 years ago, I was in the kitchen and looked down the hallway where we had stacked furniture and mattresses to get them out of rooms. It was a woman with no head in a flowing dress that walked right through the mess in the hallway, a living person would have had to climb over the stuff. The image was perfect translucent but like looking over a charcoal grill. It dissipated what looked like heat waves over a grill. She got to the end of the hall and dissipated. Blew my shit and dont want to see anything like that again

That would've been scary man.

Would've haunted you for a while by the sound of it, even to this day to an extent I reckon.

That kind of stuff fascinates me. I'd be more intrigued than scared if I saw an apparition like that. At least until it tried to attack me. Then I'd shit the proverbial brick. I may even shit an actual brick at that point lol

I can tell you guys there is FAR more to this world and dimensions than our own eyes perceive. I could explain my experience but it is terribly hard to put into words as it is hard to capture the exact seconds and moments as short lived as they were, felt like minutes. 100% there ARE dimensional beings we cannot see, but we can interact with them... let's just say that ;)

Back