There is hot and then........

metalmaniac93":e1hv38h6 said:
Steve is referring to the Greenbacks. I do not have my CCV yet, but the H30s did not sound nasally to me when I played the CCV at the LA amp show. Scumbacks are also another option and they sound great with the Atomica.

Hmmm...

I have a feeling Greenbacks might mean different things to different people and I think its easy sometimes to misinterpret what speakers people have
as there are pre rola thames ditton celestion greenbacks that can be G12 M25 55HZ and G12 M25 75HZ and G12 M20 55HZ and G12 H30 55HZ and G12 H30 75HZ all of these were produced with pulsonic cones 002, 003 ,102, 103, 014 etc...
then there are rola celestion greenbacks with non pulsonic cones but ... with all the same variations as the prerolas above and they are really quite different sounding speakers to say the least... I have found some greenbacks are very nasally sounding and greasy with high gain and some are very bright and harsh by comparison yet others Ive tried fit like a glove with some amps and some have just been plain shite :)
then there are the reissue greenbacks chinese and english ones that dont really sound like prerola or rola versions ...

you mention you heard H30s at the la amp show did you think they sounded like the right match for the CCV , do you know if these were heritage or annivesary versions that were being used or something else maybe.
I wish there was a shop where I could just walk in and try every speaker out before jumping on the merry go round of buying cabs

are you getting a second run CCV or did you buy one used and are waiting for it

I really like the sound of the speakers in these two clips below but I wonder how much of that is down to the fact that its Mark cameron playing and its him who has dialled in the amp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUWAGhm ... ure=relmfu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAaM0Md ... re=related
Ive found some great sounds in the CCV already but I notice its also very easy to make the amp sound bad ,I have a feeling that mark could make the CCV sound great through any speaker... something I need to learn to do for myself :)

custom62":2sgcjtti said:
steve_k":2sgcjtti said:
custom62":2sgcjtti said:
metalmaniac93":2sgcjtti said:
You are going to love the Atomica!!! It kicks ass!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

What speakers/cabs are you using with the CCV and will use for the Atomica?

I have got just one cab at this time which is a battered old seventies checkerboard with rola celestion G12 M75 Hz speakers and that works very nicely with the CCV but im also on the hunt for others ...
I want to try some rola celestion G12 H30 but im not sure if I should try the 55Hz or 75Hz .

I also have my eye on quad of pre rola celestion G12 H30 75Hz to go with the atomica but im waiting to hear how much the seller wants for those they are in an original late sixties marshall basket weave cab and I dont know if the seller will sell them seperately or if I will have to buy the cab with the speaker in.... I dont mind either way.

I have tried V30 with the CCV and they didnt work for me

Ian.......shhhhhh, don't tell anybody, but 2-V30's on bottom and 2-GB's on top is the way to go :thumbsup: forget them nasally H30's.

what do you refer to steve 2-GB is that green backs

Either 25 watt Celestion Greenbacks or the 65's. They are really a GB on steroids. Like them a lot with the V30's. The Scum equivalent to both are BM75 25 watt or BM75 LHDC 65 watt. The H30's are OK when mixed, but with certain amps. Others my like them by themselves, but they can be a little honky if not careful.

Back