There with my Engl rig...

rsm

My E850/100 and one 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VHB arrived today (cab #2 is backordered). I have the amp racked, and plan to try using the one cab in stereo mode (at a very low volume, since the cab is 60w per side in stereo, and amp is 100W per channel!) just to test the power amp...it appears fine, no parts or tubes rattling around, no signs of major mishandling by UPS...

According to the specs/manuals, I can set the cab to stereo which gives me two 16 ohm inputs...
OK think I got it; in stereo, each side of the cab is 16 ohms; power amp has left and right channel outs at 16 ohms each. 16 ohms per side/channel on the power amp to 16 ohms per side cab in stereo. just match the numbers. :doh:

:D :D :D :D can't get this grin off my face...

Righteous tones from this rig.

Everyone here's asleep so I couldn't push it any...but I can hear the potential waiting to be unleashed (sadly, can't say as much for my playing!). I don't get how anyone hears these as sterile or clinical, there is life, dimension and harmonic overtones.

The pristine clean, crunch, lo gain lead are all great to my ears, but the saturation on the hi gain is something else for me (remember I don't shred or play metal anymore and my amp of choice is a Vox AC30, so these modern high gain amps are a new experience for me), chords are just so rich and alive on this setting. Between this rig and my Triaxis direct board, my dirt pedals are going to gather dust.

Can't wait to crank this thing. My backordered cab shipped today, hoping it should be here on Monday-Tuesday...now I need a way to get the family out of the house for awhile.

Cab #2 delivered, set-up and connected. Now, I need everyone to leave the house!

No, haven't tried the 570; the E530 has everything I wanted (modern tones) and is 1U. I have a Triaxis for more vintage tones, and Vox for older vintage tones.

rsm":2ahirnj1 said:
No, haven't tried the 570; the E530 has everything I wanted (modern tones) and is 1U. I have a Triaxis for more vintage tones, and Vox for older vintage tones.
I was impressed with the 570, and traded my 530 in towards the 570.

I'm not saying the 570 is your cuppa tea, but I found I liked the modern tones it had.

IIRC, the E570 has the E530 tones and more. I may get the E570 eventually if I need more tones than the E530.

Back