Throbak Strange Master treble booster.. demo!

:thumbsup:
Another great vid. I have been looking for a few years for a great Treb pedal. Thanks Pete

Pete... always LOVE your reviews. Always such a great walk-through of whatever you are talking about and tasty playing throughout. Thank you for posting. I just put that pedal on my 'to buy' list.

Always like the Keely Java Boost
But this Throbak takes it to the extreme.
Nice...thanks Pete.

By the way, did you happen to put it in front
of the PT100?

Nice demo Pete! I was an early customer of throbak and ordered one of the early version strange masters without the silicon/germanium switch. It is a great pedal and the best of the treble boosters I tried. Excellent build quality and customer service. I also ordered the early od booster from throbak and love that pedal, so many tonal possibilities. After yrs of use one of the mini toggles broke off so I called throbak, not only did he repair the pedal and give it a checkup right away, but he repaired it free and shipped it back for no charge on shipping either!! That's the kind of customer service I like. Great pedals and pickups from throbak.

So I have a Mesa Single Rec and I'm always looking for ways to get more clarity out of my tone, without reducing gain or sacrificing bottom end. Would something like this bring me what I'm looking for in clarity?

Also, what's the difference between this pedal and cranking the presence on an amp to 10?

Blitzie":3tn29v0y said:
So I have a Mesa Single Rec and I'm always looking for ways to get more clarity out of my tone, without reducing gain or sacrificing bottom end. Would something like this bring me what I'm looking for in clarity?

Also, what's the difference between this pedal and cranking the presence on an amp to 10?

They just add bite/drive/clarity, they make your sound cut- Tony Iommi, Brian May, these guys used em extensively

Hi I just got one of these Strange Masters. Trying to get close to the Iommi sound. Does this strange master require a TTS cord or anything like that. Any recommendations on the cords? Thanks, Rob

Back