Tomsline Plexion pedal.

Loudness250

I bought one of these Tomsline Plexion pedals off of a guy on Craigslist. When I went to pick it up I was surprised that it was actually a guy who works at one of the guitar stores that was selling it. He was asking 20$, so I gave him 20$, it was new in the box. I went home and tried it out with my Jcm 800, and I have to say, it's a killer overdrive pedal. I think they go new for like 50$. It just goes to show that you don't always have to spend an arm and a leg to get something decent. It's a mini pedal , it has a master gain knob, a volume and a tone control and a switch for like a lower overall gain and higher, kind of like on the ocd pedal. It's really all I was looking for.

A little more info on this pedal. The name is a little misleading, to me it doesn't really copy the sound of a dimed plexi but with that said it has a nice transparent overdrive when running in front of an amp that already has some gain but not quite enough, like a 2203/2204, I have not tried running into a clean channel, maybe then it might be a little more like a plexi. The switch on it is actually a bright switch,I tend to leave it off, it sounds too bright with it on but sounds great off, I can get nice palm muting and a good fairly thick tone that way. The tone knob really colors the sound, I ran it with it up and it sounds very open but not icepicky, with it turned down, it's more scooped sounding. Definitely a cool pedal especially if your on a budget.

Back