Tones that make you go "Whoa!"

JohnnyGtar

Hopefully this thread won't turn into a big argument. LOL

Joe's rhythm tone on this tune is incredible. Massive!

Vernon's sound on the opening riff is like Mike Tyson obliterating your jaw into tiny little pieces. And for those who bitch about his lead playing, he's influenced by Ornette Coleman. You either get it or you don't. I think it's perfect for this tune. It sounds like the madness written about in the lyrics.

And these tunes from Diver Down.

This one sounds his Marshall is smoldering, ready to catch fire. In a good way! LOL

Perfect example of Ed making a Marshall sing and scream in the same tune.

Rip yer face off!

Last edited:
How coincidental. I literally was hearing snippets of Diver Down in a dream the other night. I had to pull that one out and listen to it again. What an organic, uncompressed, un-boosted tone going on there. You can just hear everything. Enough juice for leads and so chimey and clean with the volume knob rolled back. The guitar tone on Diver Down was really, really special.

Motorhead. Pure sledgehammer to the nuts crunch from Wurzel and Phil Campbell. Of course. it's Motorhead!

Warren Cucurullo was channeling angels when he did the guitars on "Ordinary World. Actually, the whole band was channeling angels on this track!

I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

Anything Joe Holmes

yes fist gif.gif

Attachments

• fuck yeah gif.gif
    fuck yeah gif.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
How coincidental. I literally was hearing snippets of Diver Down in a dream the other night. I had to pull that one out and listen to it again. What an organic, uncompressed, un-boosted tone going on there. You can just hear everything. Enough juice for leads and so chimey and clean with the volume knob rolled back. The guitar tone on Diver Down was really, really special.

next level shit seth morgan.gif

Reactions: PDC
My God - what a great thread this is becoming. That Andy Timmons clip makes me want to sell all my gear.

And I heard 'Tell Me' off of White Lion Pride the other day on Hair Nation and really cranked up the car stereo. Vito Bratta's guitar tone on that first album was incredible.

Back