too bad NIN sucks now!

oh yeah, forgot to mention.

reznor's arms are as big as my fucking thighs.

WTF?

what happened to NIN????

I love NIN and about all things Industrial. I have been on a huge Industrial kick for about the last year. So much so that I have been spending more time playing with samplers and synths than guitar lately.

Currently Robin is using an Axe-FX II. I think back then they used a Marshall JMP-1. I am not 100% sure, but a lot of the Industrial bands in the early 90's used JMP-1's into the PA for guitar sounds.

Shask":k6sgfvcd said:
I love NIN and about all things Industrial. I have been on a huge Industrial kick for about the last year. So much so that I have been spending more time playing with samplers and synths than guitar lately.

Currently Robin is using an Axe-FX II. I think back then they used a Marshall JMP-1. I am not 100% sure, but a lot of the Industrial bands in the early 90's used JMP-1's into the PA for guitar sounds.

How about Revolting Cocks and Skinny Puppy?
I've been open minded about rock/metal my whole life. Industrial always caught my ear for some reason.

I was listening to the new album earlier tonight. I like it, but it isn't as edgy or angry as he previous work.

Valtyr":18gzr7zw said:
I was listening to the new album earlier tonight. I like it, but it isn't as edgy or angry as he previous work.

it needs to be angry and edgy that's the problem

once again: female backup singers WTF?

"Reznor moved to 10050 Cielo Drive, Benedict Canyon, Los Angeles in Beverly Hills, California the following year, where actress Sharon Tate was murdered by members of the Manson Family. It was used as a studio called "Le Pig" for recording Broken and The Downward Spiral with collabrations from other musicians."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Downward_Spiral

btw, for the uneducated, Adrian Belew contributed on DS.

only primus sucks.

Look.. You can play your "fill in the blank" metal amp with your 7,8,9 string, djent the fugg out of it and think you've achieved the heaviest that heavy can be, but it will not even come close to how heavy some parts of Downward Spiral were, are, and always will be, fuckos.

Exhibit A: Reptile

This may sound crazy, but I think one big reason for the breakdown of Industrial was caused by the over-protection of the laws of sampling. In the late 80's and early 90's people could sample and use sounds as they wanted. Then they changed the laws which made everyone sue-happy if artists did not pay large sums of money if they did not get permission to sample their work. People like Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer ruined it for all of us :cry:

If you listen to those early 90's records (including rap, pop, etc...) there are some very creative uses of sampling. The Downward Spiral has TONS of weird samples on it from movies and other things. I LOVE the creativity of this time period. I think that is one of the many reasons why The Fragile is so different. It is post sample-laws.

Even Trent thanks Public Enemy, Prince, and Front 242 in the notes for Pretty Hate Machine because of all the samples he used. He said once that Terrible Lie had like 6 different 80's songs in it.

Anyways, enough of my bitching :LOL: :LOL:

LowDesertSludge":35devrxe said:
Shask":35devrxe said:

How about Revolting Cocks and Skinny Puppy?
I've been open minded about rock/metal my whole life. Industrial always caught my ear for some reason.

I have never really been into Skinny Puppy. I haven't listened to Revolting Cocks, but I need to since it is an Al J. side project.

I have always been more into the industrial metal side more-so than just the industrial side. I cant get into bands like Skinny Puppy and Front 242 since they are more of the normal Industrial. Like dark/evil 80's pop :LOL: :LOL: I like the more aggressive side such as the NIN Broken/TDS period, KMFDM, Ministry, Rammstein, etc.... Lately I have been getting more into the older Frontline Assembly albums.

I love this style of metal. Combining synths and samplers with distorted guitars and aggressive drums. What's not to love :D I can sit for hours with a sampler and make weird-ass noises. Sometimes I enjoy this more than playing guitar even though I have played guitar for years and years. It's fun just to see how screwed up you can make something sound.

lowmantotempole":16112ynm said:
rabies":16112ynm said:
it needs to be angry and edgy that's the problem

Yeah it went downhill after Trent sobered up... Same with Fliter... I believe Richard Patrick played for Trent in NIN at some point...

He did. Title of Record is one of my favorite albums. Amalgamut was also pretty great. IMO, they went downhill when Rich parted ways with Geno Lenardo.

Ethn Hayabusa":3cwugxmu said:
You are crazy. Bands change. I love what he is doing now. I love what he did on Pretty Hate Machine.

Yeah the OP's whole "needs to be edgy" proves to me I'll take his opinion of suck with a grain of salt. WTF? indeed but not about Nails.

Back