Grease
Saturday Night Fever
Sleuth
Moonraker
Alien
Rambo First Blood

EDIT:
Ha!
Didn't realise you'd posted Empire mate; I thought the list was your sig. Great taste brother.

Back to the future parts 1,2 and 3.

Coming to America
Loved the first one but didn’t like 2 and 3 nearly as much.

Back to the Future
Star Wars (first 3)
Indiana Jones first one
Fast Times (phoebe cates my god…..)
Rambo

Series:
(All these were made long before the late 80s, but I loved them)
Star Trek
Hawaii 5 0 (jack lord rules!)
Streets of San Francisco

What was that show called with the strange colored crystals and the mighty sleestack?

I agree with just about everything posted so far. Found Porky's on that Visio Channel.

As a kid:

Wizard of Oz
Willy Wonka
ET
Close Encounters
Star Wars

As a teen:

Stripes
Vacation
Fletch
Fast Times
Empire Strikes Back
Indiana Jones
Porkys
Risky Business
The Shining
And a bunch more I can't think of - all of which I still like and still watch today if they pop up.

Keeps coming up.

Could it be the most-epic movie of all time? It's certainly right-up-there, in my book at least.
Yep. Possibly. For me, it was special because although Star Wars was great and blew my mind - I wasn't quite yet old enough to pick up on the undertones, and relationships, themes, etc. And as you know, back then, you couldn't just stream it or watch it anytime you wanted. So by the time Empire came out, I was much older and therefore more appreciative of what I was seeing/understanding. Plus the graphics and such were better too :D

All true, but those factors would've only enhanced what was IMHO already the best Star Wars experience of them all.

Many would agree I'm sure.

Great choices! Those movies capture the essence of youth. "Star Wars" is a timeless classic that's beloved by generations, and Eddie Murphy's "Raw" is legendary for its humor. Plus, Cheech and Chong's antics in "Nice Dreams" are just pure fun. However, I also like picking movies at movies out tonight sometimes. Anyway, thanks for sharing your top 5!

Last edited:
Back