Torpedo live impulses?

jonl

What do you guys think will be the best IR using the torpedo live with a 1987 Jubilee playing slash tones?

I tried the celestion 4x12
Vintage 30 pack, and it's definitely better than the stock Mic's/cabs, but something is still off about it.

The new Hop Pole Big Boy 2x12's or Big Beast4x12 are stellar. I bought 5 for the lower price.

jonl":ymnd2bb3 said:
What do you guys think will be the best IR using the torpedo live with a 1987 Jubilee playing slash tones?

Vintage 30 pack, and it's definitely better than the stock Mic's/cabs, but something is still off about it.

If you're sticking to Two Notes IRs, the BoGreen would be on my list first for what you're seeking.

And honestly, as much as I'm enjoying the WOS plugin, I'm finding that I'm digging third part IRs better than the Two Notes cabs and mics. The Two Notes impulses seem to be more heavily distorted compared to Ownhammer, Redwirez, and even some of the 3 Sigma ones.

Another option for third part is Celestion's IRs. I have the A Type and Redback and like both quite a bit. I'm planning on getting the Creamback H75 soon. I just wish Celestion would offer the M160 as a mic option. Actually, I really wish more IR captures would use the Shure KSM313.

EvilBatman":wd9rg9zz said:
I have the A Type and Redback and like both quite a bit.
I have those too, just curious which file(s) are you using out of all the different one in the folders?

EvilBatman":2hey0kuo said:
jonl":2hey0kuo said:

If you're sticking to Two Notes IRs, the BoGreen would be on my list first for what you're seeking.

And honestly, as much as I'm enjoying the WOS plugin, I'm finding that I'm digging third part IRs better than the Two Notes cabs and mics. The Two Notes impulses seem to be more heavily distorted compared to Ownhammer, Redwirez, and even some of the 3 Sigma ones.

Another option for third part is Celestion's IRs. I have the A Type and Redback and like both quite a bit. I'm planning on getting the Creamback H75 soon. I just wish Celestion would offer the M160 as a mic option. Actually, I really wish more IR captures would use the Shure KSM313.
I'll swap you the 75's for the Redbacks! Lol!

Hop Pole has a Redback loaded 2x12 that I use a bunch.

I downloaded the greenback 4x12 pack and all the farting went away that came with the v30 cabs lol

errrrrl":3dufyfyx said:
EvilBatman":3dufyfyx said:
I have the A Type and Redback and like both quite a bit.
I have those too, just curious which file(s) are you using out of all the different one in the folders?

I tend to use the R121 Balanced for both A Type and Redback. Dark 2 is probably my next favorite of the single mic IRs. The Lo-Gain IR with all of the mics and the mono room mic is also really good to my ears.

JerEvil":3dufyfyx said:
I'll swap you the 75's for the Redbacks! Lol!

Hop Pole has a Redback loaded 2x12 that I use a bunch.

Yeah I was checking that Zilla cab against the Celestion 4x12 IR with Redbacks. I like both. I think the Celestion is a bit bigger and like I said, some of the Two Notes cabs sound a bit more heavily distorted to my ears. But the Hop Pole Zilla lets you play with the mics more and has more mic options. Definitely check out the Celestion Redback IR fi you want to drop the $11. That and the A-Type are probably in my top five at the moment and may be both creeping higher.

Thanks @EvilBatman I never tried any of the R121, dark or low gain ones before, will definitely give it a try.

Hope you like them and that they help you get to where you want to be.

On the Slash tones front, I'd say give the "Bright" and "Thin" options from the single mics a whirl. The descriptive words may sound off putting, but the IRs still sound good. Hi and Lo Gain R121+MD421 on the Redback would be others I would look at.

You would have to try them out and sample them with your amp from the LeBoutique store. The ones that I get really consistently good tone from are the Bogner 212CB and the Bogner Ubercab. They sound great with the JP-2C.

Back