Totally discouraged Egnater Junk Transformers, junk boards,

He is saying that someone else (not himself) had issues due to the serial number sticker falling off and that the person in question got a tranny after 6 months of back and forth. I think...

I know rlord, here is the story. I could and would have done anything I explained the situation but the knee jerk answer was "not for free" and now I had to buy one on my dime due to my schedule.
They never ask for anything but the receipt plus Nate knows me from my first Tourmaster issues, below is the email chain. so decide for your selves. the post above was just another posters issue, not mine.

Here is the email chain folks: Please read carefully especially the beginning. Questions are welcomed?

Not for free unfortunately

Well no luck they the guys Black Star, Rocket purchases. All were supposedly purchased together and they can't come up with the Tourmaster but know it was in his package, go figure. So I guess you guys can't send me one?

The transformers are $299 plus shipping.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM, And what is the cost to buy one? And where do I get it one if I have no luck finding the receipt?
GC in Jacksonville said have records but not of his 4212 purchase but he was a New Yorker that worked studios back and forth so second New York Story…

Yes sounds like the transformer

Ok I will start the search for which one he bought it from….

In your opinion though does it sound like the issue?
And what is the cost to buy one and where do I get it for a new pot if I have no luck finding the receipt?

Try Guitar Center where he bought it.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Well great…..That will be near impossible because, the reason I got it was he and the studio went under/bankrupt and he ran off to New York from what I hear with what he could carry. I tried to contact last night when it first went just for this reason and the person answering this number just knew him but wasn’t associated with him.
That’s the awesome news I got.

So anything????

If you can hunt down a copy of the purchase receipt and it was in fact purchased new in 2010 I can get you transformer under warranty but I will need a copy of the receipt.

On Thu, Sep 13Hey Nate,
No, but it was purchased new by studio in Jacksonville that bought it for client studio use only. It basically sat in the corner and rarely was touched.
He sold it to me, no receipt of course. I had called and spoke to you a while back about trying to date the serial tag but you said some did not have a tag like my Rig 1 does that you worked on last year. I picked this up directly from him the owner of the studio who purchased it new was Adam Wacht in 2010.
Rusty

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:51 PM

To:
Hey Rusty are you the original owner of the unit? If so do you know the purchase date?

Hi Rusty,
The office was closed Monday and Tuesday. Have you spoken to Nate about this yet?
Thanks
Bruce

>
> Good morning Nate,
>
> I got my second rig (of course another 4212) and low and behold last
> night rig two shuts down out of nowhere.
> Here is what I've done so far.
>
>
> 1. Checked source voltage in wall and power cord. Result:
> 118.6volts
>
> 2. I pulled the power fuse.
> Result: Black and blown.
>
> 3. Pulled power tubes.
>
> 4. Put in a second fuse.
>
> 5. Turned it back on.
> Result: It blew quick and hard.
>
> 6. Opened the chassis to look for anything obvious.
>
> 7. No signs and no smells.
>
> So I am leaning towards the Power Tranny since this is also 1st run
> amp like my Rig 1 4212 was before you fixed me up.
>
> So should I pull the secondary's take any readings and refuse or try
> anything I can do to expedite trouble shooting?
> If not will you please continue the great support and cover this
> tranny as the last one in my other one (1st run Rig 1) if I just box
> it up today and get it back to you.
>
> I really need both my 4212s up and going through a kind of busy gig
> season for me right now.
> Thanks again!
>
> ASAP please
>
> Thank you,
>
> Rusty

Update: So i don't put words in any ones mouth I fell it best as in the last post just to throw the email out there.
Bruce sent me this below email today.

Hi Rusty,
The office was closed Monday and Tuesday. Have you spoken to Nate
about this yet?
Thanks
Bruce

And the Nate sent me this one this afternoon and I replied as follows. See how now that I had to buy it when it could have been resolved initially without all the drama. If I could be reimbursed I will shut up and go away and display the same vigor telling everyone what a great stand up company they ended up being!! But by Nates latest I am just out!!!!

You bought one from where? You did not purchase it from us so there is no way for us to return you any funds.

Well I can ship the bad one to you...But it does me no good because like I said I had to have one when I asked you for Eganter to cover it.
Because of my busy schedule, I didn't have time to wait and after you told me "not for free" I had no choice or time continue to beg so I already bought one.
So I'll send you the bad one you can send me the cost of the new one $200.00, I think that would be fair.

RUSTY

You will have ship the bad transformer to us as well as pay the return shipping for the replacement.

thats odd! only because its the closest certified repair center to me (pittsburgh PA).

did you install it yet?

If i understand well,you bought a first Tourmaster new,then had a problem with the transformer and Egnater replaced it for free,being under warranty.Then,you bought another Tourmaster but, second hand,this time (from a bankrupted studio).It also got the same problem as the first one and ,when you contacted Nate about it,he told you Egnater would replace the tranny for free if you could provide a receipt for it,even though he knew it was a second hand purchase.Then,since you didn't find the receipt,you bought a new tranny on your own.Now,you're not happy and want Egnater to pay you back the money you paid for the new tranny...Is that it ?

i refer you to my post...4 posts from the top.

and now, my reverb tranny has shit out again.

again..hmmmm

UPDATED: So I get an email from Nate saying they will send me a transformer if I return my bad one. Then he goes on to ask for the place I purchased the other as well wanting a copy of the receipt so he could "ruin their credit for fraud". So I say as long as your sending me a replacement pot. He said "If you already have a transformer there is no reason to send you another. The unit is out of warranty and you have purchased a replacement part. At this point there is nothing more for us to do in this manner. These units are not cheap and shipping one for you to keep as a paperweight just is not feasible. You are not entitled a free transformer on any grounds, us doing so was an attempt even though against our warranty to help you out. If you have already purchased a new transformer there is no reason for us to go against our stated warranty and procedure.

This like Dodge saying well we have an issue with a part and realizing you had it go bad...so for good consumer service, we will help you out since it was such a known issue. And then saying oooooh you had to buy another car, oh well then we won't help you now because you spent your money on something else. What a bunch of azzholez :thumbsdown:

Egnater suuuuuuux :gethim: Oh now I'm really ready to play ball..... :thumbsdown:
THIS THE WORST CONSUMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD FROM ABSOLUTELY ANY COMPANY

Nope just got an email saying send the old they will send a new. But now I wonder if they were going to ever really send one.

NATE QUOTES:
You will have ship the bad transformer to us as well as pay the return shipping for the replacement.

You bought one from where?
Just to be clear we need the defective transformer first.
Ship to:
Attn: Nate
Boutique Amps Distribution
3383 Gage Ave
Huntington Park, CA 90255

Just curious did you return the other transformer? I just wanted to double check because I have not sent any of these to either repair center in OH for quite some time. These arent stock pieces so if these guys have an extra new transformer we need to get it back as not to ding their credit. Which service center did you say you bought it from?

I have not sent that location a transformer in well over a year. If you in fact did purchase a transformer from this repair center as recent as last week there is a much larger problem. I need to know if you honestly purchased a transformer from these guys before I accuse them of fraud. No one stocks these transformers nor do they have them laying around. These are parts that are order on a case by case basis and are cataloged and tracked. They have not ordered a transformer since November of of last year and that was for a warranty repair that was completed. I just need to know before I accuse one of my repair centers of fraud that I have never had any type issues with in the past, if you did in fact order this transformer. If so can you please send me a bill of sale.

$300 for a Transformer? :shocked:
Are they having Mercury Magnetics wind their replacement trannies? :confused:

Sixtycycle, you are handling this like an indignant teenager with a broken iPhone. No, I take that back. I've never seen teenagers raise 5 flavors of hell over a product they bought not meeting expectations. That seems to be a boomer thing.

it's not a "standard" tranny, if that's what you're asking.

and, bro, imho, he has EVERY right to be pissed, and indignant. after reading here for about solutions for his dilemma, solutions that were proven to work...he exhausted that avenue. what. so he OWNS (bought outright), not traded for like i did, TWO tourmasters, both of which have had failed version 1 PT's, 1 gets replaced..the other is a "show me the receipt issue"?
i call bullshit.

and he has EVERY right to also.

might i add, it was ONLY after i messaged ian egnater on here about getting a new replacement PT for mine, did anything get solved for me. but, i STILL wasn't required to show proof of purchase.

maybe cause my tourmaster story was long and detailed (*hahhaa like most of my posts) and traceable back to day one to this forum when i traded my heartbreaker for it....i dont know. i do know, this should be remedied, "gratis" (quoting nate there from eganter).

I've owned rebel 20 & still own a rebel 30 & renegade head. Have gigged with the 30 & Renegade for the last 4 years & have not had one issue. Before my Egnaters, I used a Mesa Rectoverb for a couple of years & a Peavey 5150 for over 10 years. The only amp that ever failed during a show was the Mesa, which was also the most expensive. Does that mean that Mesa amps are junk? Of course not. Every product has a fail/error rate.

Back