Tourmaster

Can some one tell me did all the Tourmasters without the "M" after the serial # have problems with the flubby low end and bad sound on channels 3&4.I have read that they sound phenominal after the change but what about before? Exactly what was the change and how much difference did it make. How similarly are they voiced to my TOL 100's?
I am asking because I am wanting to do a trade deal for a Tourmaster or Mod 50. (maybe even another TOL100....I have 2 Mint ,Unplayed, PRS's and am looking to work a deal with someone.)But I need to be more informed.

not sure what they did, but I played a pre modded Tourmaster when they first came out. It sounded good, really good, just slightly too loose on the bottom end for my taste, which I think they tightened up a little, not sure what else they did. But I realy liked the amp back then, I bet I would like it more now that its improved even more.

I wonder if they would mod a pre modded version for ya

Pre M Tourmasters are a bit classic and loose in the low end. M is much tighter. That's all we did to them. We can take care of making it a M if you need. Not really anything like your TOL's except possibly in the dark fluid tone.

Back