Traynor YBA-1 mods

The Whale

Hi Trace,

I've heard you can work magic on older amps! I have an old Traynor YBA-1. It has already been heavily modded to '68 plexi specs (previous owner made or made the mods made) and has an effects loop. What i'd like to do increase the gain a bit, add a master volume, increase the eq range (mostly in the mid-range) and make the effects loop more transparent for use with delays. The tones i'd like this amp to hit are Marc Ford (specifically from the Freak And Roll tour) to Joe Bonamassa. I'm a Les Paul/Tele guy and love the mid-range that Joe's getting! Can this be achieved through a few a la carte mods or better by the standard mod? (or not at all :) )

Thanks,
Mike
http://www.violetmary.com

We have worked on a lot of the older YBA-1's over the years and I know them well. There are a few options I have in mind but please give me a call any time Mon-Fri between 9AM-5PM EST (NY) so we can talk more in depth. I want to make sure I understand what you are going for so we can better meet your needs. We want happy customers, not unhappy customers and if I don't feel we an accommodate your needs I will honestly let you know.

Thanks for posting and I look forward to talking with you! :)
Trace

Back