Triptik 3 Channel Rack Preamp ?

robertkoa

Posted this on another thread but thought I'd ask in a new thread.

Since the Triptik has 3 Channels, is super versatile and has an unusually low noise floor- wouldn't it make a great Rack Preamp for recording into Cab IRs and for people who use a Cab Sim Live into a PA etc ?

If Triptik circuit could be used - wouldn't this save money and time etc. for Carol Ann instead of needing to come up with new circuitry/ design ?

So I am asking how the Triptik Preamp Out or efx loop send on the actual Triptik Amp sounds into other Power Amps AND how it sounds into Cab IRs and FX for recording.

I'll bet just a very steep variable presence control at very high frequencies( which could extend downward in frequency or be OFF )to filter out the Fizz that some of the Cab IRs don't completely remove would be all that's needed.

If it sounds great and there's enough demand- would this be feasible and be much cheaper than buying a Triptik Head if we don't need the Power Amp section ?

Could also be a great solution for silent recording into Cab IRs with great , clear Overdrives and cleans for people who are frustrated with Modelers.

My experience with Tube Pres into Cab IRs is they sound excellent with very little or NO tweaking into MANY of the IRs.....

Disclaimer- this is from a Player's perspective NOT an engineer or Amp Builder /designer- and I'd love to have that Triptik Clarity/Versatility / Tones ( or 90% of it ) at Line Level..........for quiet/silent recording-if feasible-.

Thanks.

Back