Troubleshooting noisy VX module

bduersch

Looking for ideas... my VX module makes scratchy noises, but only when the bright switch is in the "1" or "2" position. Tried swapping tubes and it didn't help. Any thoughts?

--B

Oops... probably should've mentioned... it's a dual VX... side A is misbehaving, can't tell if side B is currently because I only have an RM22 around.

--B

Could be that you've got your module master up too high? I had this happen running into certain fx units without input level control. Turned my channel master down and all was good.

mboogman":2onpm2df said:
Could be that you've got your module master up too high? I had this happen running into certain fx units without input level control. Turned my channel master down and all was good.

Good suggestion... gave that a shot, but it didn't make any difference. :( Seems that the only thing that stops the rustling is setting the bright switch to "neutral".

--B

rlord1974":10zp88ji said:
Define "scratchy"......do you mean to say squealing sounds, almost like microphonic feedback?

No, it's more of a rustling sound... imagine the noise that a scratchy pot makes, except that I'm not actually turning any pots.

--B

bduersch":1m4lc44d said:
rlord1974":1m4lc44d said:
Define "scratchy"......do you mean to say squealing sounds, almost like microphonic feedback?

No, it's more of a rustling sound... imagine the noise that a scratchy pot makes, except that I'm not actually turning any pots.

--B

Mine does the same thing. Wondering what the deal is on that too??? It could very well be a level thing going into my effects unit. But my Bman A channel sounds fine, bright switch on, at around the same master volume, but the Vox A channel is bright. I've been using a Bman and another cleaner module lately as I am getting fantastic Marshall OD out of my Xotic BB and Barber Direct Drive. The Barber is unbelievable into the Bman B channel. Kills my EG3X. So that leaves me with more opportunity for clean. Using Deluxe single channel or the Vox. But I'm having that same breakup way up in teh high end when I put my bright switch in. Hmmmmmm.

Back