Trump civil fraud trial begins today

Tonelover

This should be more fun than a barrel full of monkeys. Let the facts be known so supporters can see what a sleaze he is and still bend over backwards to defend him.. It it weren't for the statute of limitations they would have to cover the time from the day he was born to now being that his whole life is a fraud.

This time they really got him since according to the judge aka Doc, Mar-a-lago is only worth $18,000,000. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Any honest person know's that unless there is a total market collapse mar-a-lago is worth a lot more than 18 mil right now. My guess would be 50-75 million, minimum, in the current insane real estate market. That's 17 acres and a home on the national historic register. There are penthouse condos and half acre lots with a large home on it selling for more than that right now on Trulia/Zillow

Doesn't matter. The MAGA crowd adores him because he's such a bag full of dicks. His most ardent supporters all pretty much bags of dicks too. But yes! This is going to be awesome to watch. How many times does he get to mumble under his breath before the judge puts a gag on the big orange bag of dicks?

Any honest person know's that unless there is a total market collapse mar-a-lago is worth a lot more than 18 mil right now. My guess would be 50-75 million, minimum, in the current insane real estate market. That's 17 acres and a home on the national historic register. There are penthouse condos and half acre lots with a large home on it selling for more than that right now on Trulia/Zillow

The values used in the lawsuit are BASED OFF OF WHAT TRUMP PAID FOR PROPERTY TAXES EACH OF THOSE YEARS. The numbers just don't get made up. Trump paid a % based on the value of the property. Take what he paid and do the math. No conspiracies.

The values used in the lawsuit are BASED OFF OF WHAT TRUMP PAID FOR PROPERTY TAXES EACH OF THOSE YEARS. The number just don't get made up. Trump paid a % based on the value of the property. Take what he paid and do the math. No conspiracies.
But aren't those just taxable values through the county/state? My home is taxed at much less value than I could sell it today for. Like 1/3 of it's actual market value.

But aren't those just taxable values through the county/state? My home is taxed at much less value than I could sell it today for. Like 1/3 of it's actual market value.

But what is the point? The lawsuit is what is being discussed. If Donald Trump wanted to argue that Mar-a-Lago was worth $150 million he should have complained about it at tax time. This is law - not real estate savvy.

giphy.gif

But what is the point? The lawsuit is what is being discussed. If Donald Trump wanted to argue that Mar-a-Lago was worth $150 million he should have complained about it at tax time. This is law - not real estate savvy.
The point is that values assessed by a county, like say 18 million dollars taxable, do not reflect market value so if that is part of the "fraud" it actually makes the prosecution look fraudulent because the number isn't remotely honest. To be fair, I don't know what's really at stake int he suit I'm only arguing that 18 million market value is complete crap. Saying "that's the taxable value so that's all it's worth" would be complete nonsense.

The point is that values assessed by a county, like say 18 million dollars taxable, do not reflect market value so if that is part of the "fraud" it actually makes the prosecution look fraudulent because the number isn't remotely honest. To be fair, I don't know what's really at stake int he suit I'm only arguing that 18 million market value is complete crap. Saying "that's the taxable value so that's all it's worth" would be complete nonsense.

It's really simple. You own a property and each year you pay taxes on it based on its LEGALLY ASSESSED value at the time.
STREET VALUE = THE TAX YOU PAY. So arguing what Trump could sell Mar-a-Lago for today is absolutely meaningless. The numbers in the law suit are based on values recorded with the local jurisdiction. Who cares what he could sell it for? It's immaterial to the discussions of his trial.

It's really simple. You own a property and each year you pay taxes on it based on its LEGALLY ASSESSED value at the time.
STREET VALUE = THE TAX YOU PAY.

So arguing what Trump could sell Mar-a-Lago for today is absolutely meaningless. The numbers in the law suit are based on values recorded with the local jurisdiction.

Who cares what he could sell it for? It's immaterial to the discussions of his trial.
You're missing it though. Or maybe I am.

Street value is what it would sell for today. Taxable value is never the actual value of a property except for taxation purposes. As I said, I dont know how that feeds into the case, and don't really care, but it's a distortion of the truth to say "it's only worth 18 million". You wouldn't sell your home in San Diego USVI for the taxable value, that'd be a fools errand. Your real estate agent wouldn't have it because it'd cost you both thousands because taxable value isn't market value. They are two different things.

Not in relation to the lawsuit.
Fair enough, as long as they are talking "taxable value" and not "market value".

I don't see how you could misrepresent taxable value though. You receive an estimate and a bill for the taxes every year so it's all right there in black and white.

Professionals familiar in the area say its worth 300 million+.

Fair enough, as long as they are talking "taxable value" and not "market value".

I don't see how you could misrepresent taxable value though. You receive an estimate and a bill for the taxes every year so it's all right there in black and white.

I get all that. People are just getting caught up with a number that was published IN RELATION TO THE SUIT and not in relation to what Mar-a-Lago could sell for.

So what? We'll find out for certain pretty soon once he has to sell it to pay off his legal bills. NOW THERE'S A LAUGH!
Thinking about it, there's some stupid MAGA billionare somewhere who will way overpay for it just so he can use the same golden shitter as his idol.

Well, it's west palm beach and it's a massive property considering the urban area. Sounds like a listing price more than a sale price, especially considering the state of the market right now. My own property is valued at about double what I feel it's actually worth.

Well, it's west palm beach and it's a massive property considering the urban area. Sounds like a listing price more than a sale price, especially considering the state of the market right now. My own property is valued at about double what I feel it's actually worth.

The big factor with how much it will sell for is whether the new owner is allowed to chop it up into lots. Trump bought it for a good price because of a stipulation that it had to remain a club and could not be converted into permanent residences. If the building could be broken into condos it would sell for a ton more and if the land could be portioned for homes? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I count 20 homes in an area about the same size right next door.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
The big factor with how much it will sell for is whether the new owner is allowed to chop it up into lots. Trump bought it for a good price because of a stipulation that it had to remain a club and could not be converted into permanent residences.

If the building could be broken into condos it would sell for a ton more and if the land could be portioned for homes? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I count 20 homes in an area about the same size right next door.

View attachment 253457
So you're suggesting he inflated the value based on something that the property isn't actually worth due to the stipulations? It's historic register, usually that title alone commands an additional premium but probably not that of what you are/could be suggesting. It's an interesting discussion to me because I really like looking at real estate and enjoy hearing anyone's market speculations. I look in FL CA TX AR MS AL LA OK and a few other areas regularly just to see what's for sale because I love shopping for property. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Back