Turn around time & some bridge questions?

fearhk213

Ed,

What is current turn around time on custom builds?

By default I was going to get a the double locking Gotoh, but I'm considering the recessed Gotoh 510TS-FE1. I don't use a whammy very much, but I like to use it occassionally. What tonal differences do you hear between these two bridges? How does the 510's tuning hold up when with a heavy picking hand and when using the whammy. Also, do you offer a fixed bridge on the modern?

How effective is the Tremol-No at lock/unlocking and doing drop tuning on the fly without throwing the tuning out of whack? Does it favor a double locking or 510 platform?

Thanks,
Frank

Frank,

The current turnaround time is 3~4 months.

We like the sound of both the Gotoh Floyd and the 510 very much. Nothing will stay in tune quite as well as a double-locking system but the 510 stays in tune really well for a non-locking system. Sorry, no hardtail option for the Modern. We've looked at a lot of hardtail bridges and John hasn't found one that he likes yet.

The Tremol-No is a bit tricky setting up but works really well once dialed in. They have different versions for the Gotoh Floyd and 510. Guthrie has the Tremol-No on both Moderns he has - one with the Gotoh Floyd and the new GG Sig with the 510.

Thanks,

Ed Yoon":2jf1fqsj said:
Frank,

We like the sound of both the Gotoh Floyd and the 510 very much. Nothing will stay in tune quite as well as a double-locking system but the 510 stays in tune really well for a non-locking system. Sorry, no hardtail option for the Modern. We've looked at a lot of hardtail bridges and John hasn't found one that he likes yet.

The Tremol-No is a bit tricky setting up but works really well once dialed in. They have different versions for the Gotoh Floyd and 510. Guthrie has the Tremol-No on both Moderns he has - one with the Gotoh Floyd and the new GG Sig with the 510.

Thanks,

Will you guys do a 22-fret Modern? I've got big fingers, and I like the scale of a 22-fretboard better.

Let me know.

aeroic":1qlo5qzz said:
Ed Yoon":1qlo5qzz said:
Frank,

Thanks,

Will you guys do a 22-fret Modern? I've got big fingers, and I like the scale of a 22-fretboard better.

Let me know.

Sorry, that would mean a complete re-design of the body and the neck. The scale length between the Modern and the 22-fret Standard model isn't different. They're both 25.5". Seem the Standard would be the way to go if you want the 22-fretter.

Ed Yoon":twzv1pki said:
aeroic":twzv1pki said:
Ed Yoon":twzv1pki said:
Frank,

Thanks,

Let me know.

Sorry, that would mean a complete re-design of the body and the neck. The scale length between the Modern and the 22-fret Standard model isn't different. They're both 25.5". Seem the Standard would be the way to go if you want the 22-fretter.

Figured so. I just love the body shape of the Modern :).

Eric

Ed Yoon":3tcscomh said:
The Tremol-No is a bit tricky setting up but works really well once dialed in.

This is true, they are a bit tricky but once they are setup right they work exactly as advertised.

Back