Twinjet versus Diezel Hagen/Herbert

Influenza

I recently had a Bogner Twinjet here which which was quite impressive with low tuninigs. Less stiff than a VH4 but not muddy at all.
Has anyone compared it to a Hagen or Herbert?
I know, the Diezels do offer a lot more features but when it comes to High Gain low tunings which one do you prefer and why?
What I liked about the TJ was that it was really easy to play, pretty forgiving and fun!

From what I have read about and heard from sound clips of the Hagen, it sounds like you would like it a lot as well from what I get from your OP.

Chime in with Ventura (Uncle Mo) on here and he will probably be able to give some advice. His favorite amp is the Hagen and he has a love for Bogners as well.

I have Twin jet,Hagen and Herbert mk2(sold a couple of days ago).
Twin jet have thick great high gain with pronounced aggressive mids,but has slow bass response.
Hagen have more pronounced bass and darker voicing,but same slow bass response(Engl SE is fast).

Great, it is getting interesting. Let me know more! Also how do they prove in a two guitarist band context.

I own a TwinJet and a Herbert, as well as an SLO (the amp the 5150 was based on). All three give different flavors of high gain and all work well with drop tunings. To make an informed decision, I recommend you compare them side by side to see if they meet your particular needs. I have bought and sold virtually every amp and these are the three keepers as far as high gain goes in my opinion, though I have never played a Hagen (to be fair). I also find it is helpful to record the amps you are comparing, keeping everything else the same, and then listen back carefully. Enjoy the process!

Are you refering to the Überschall Rev. 2 as being superior to the TJ? And Herbert being better ... in what way?

I run a Herbert and TJ in stereo through two Diezel german FL412's. I used to run an early recto with my Herbert, but now the TJ/Herbert combo. I now prefer the TJ over a recto, because to me the TJ is a better sounding early recto. Same, grainy, dirty gain but with less fizz and tighter than a dual recto.

I like the TJ paired with the Herbert because it's a nice blend between the two types of gain from the clean tight gain of the Herbert and dirtier gain of the TJ.

I've owned a Rev 2, Rev Blue, Twin Jet - the Rev 2 was the best uber ever made IMHO.
The Herbert can do that Uber type stuff but I like the Diezel better...and it's quieter, less hiss - oh and the clean channel kills the Uber since way more headroom.
Oh and the Herbert has 3 channels - all usable :D

Side by side I'd have a hard time picking an Uber with a Herbert in same room.

Back