Two Notes Torpedo CAB speaker sim, demo by Pete Thorn

Pete. That is incredible!!!! Can I come over to your place and jam? I swear I won't stay long. Say.....about a week!!!!!

That sounds great. I always wondered why people were raving about the Two Notes stuff but I never bothered to look it up to see what they actually did! I could see that being great for recording, live, or rehearsal.

fek":2yk8e2i1 said:
That sounds great. I always wondered why people were raving about the Two Notes stuff but I never bothered to look it up to see what they actually did! I could see that being great for recording, live, or rehearsal.

Ya they are KILLER, can't stress enough. With a head, the Torpedo Live is fantastic- you can do the same stuff, but it'll load your amp safely. Sounds awesome.

This box is midi too, so if I wanted, for live use, I could use the M4 and change presets (cabs, power amp, everything) in the CAB, when I go from module to module on the Egnater. IE- Open back Fender cabs for the Blackface module, open back AC30 cabs for the Vox module, closed back celestions for the Plexi module... etc etc. Add some FX and imagine the possibilities.

Youre the best in the business as far as Im concerned :yes: You always seem to squeeze every ounce of info in such a short amount of time. Yes i understand it took much more time behind the scenes, but the way you put these demos together is amazing...and very much appreciated from all of us watching ;)

Great job :thumbsup:

Lord Toneking":1pblhtnv said:
Youre the best in the business as far as Im concerned :yes: You always seem to squeeze every ounce of info in such a short amount of time. Yes i understand it took much more time behind the scenes, but the way you put these demos together is amazing...and very much appreciated from all of us watching ;)

Great job :thumbsup:

Agreed, thanks again for an excellent review Pete. Great playing and sounds as well (as usual).

Really appreciate the work you put into these vids and how much info really translates when you break down the sounds from each track.

Keep 'em coming, my wallet hates you, but it's worth it :rock:

Best part is the clean and mid gain tones you do. Every video of anything anymore is super high gain. Great video as usual.

As usual, Pete....awesome display of playing and demo'ing. I am absolutely sold on the Two Notes Torpedo. The CAB is a Torpedo in a stomp box design - without the digital load capabilities. Just think, a pedal board with the CAB and a preamp pedal of choice, no amplifier, no cab, no mics. Set up your board, the FOH engineer gives you a DI line and away you go.

Two Notes has got it going on and offers the best of both worlds - all digital or analog and digital. Definitely sold on these offerings and glad to see Sir Pete promoting them.

Steve

The power amp simulation gives the randall stuff the kick in the ass it needs and really filled it out. I'll hold on to my friedman brahma and Judge modules for now then. I have to say, this demo was way better than what I saw previously up on the site. I didn't think it sounded that great. Watching this vid changed my mind. In fact, I'd probably play a live show with that on the floor and pedal. No delays in loops, everything on the floor... no crowded stage spaces with a mic being moved here or there. This thing is definitely a game changer. Priced tad high for my liking but if i ever gigged regularly i would probably be into this.

Very cool about making your own impulses as well.. I imagine you can make an impulse with a 57 and then apply a royer or other to it to colour it?

steve_k":2z2rbvo3 said:
Just think, a pedal board with the CAB and a preamp pedal of choice, no amplifier, no cab, no mics. Set up your board, the FOH engineer gives you a DI line and away you go.

That does sound easy ...

Thanks for the demo Pete...

Pete's playing is mesmerizing...the demo is impressive. I wonder how it sounds for modern hi gain detuned stuff? I know, I just crossed the line...

stephen sawall":3p5d9rzs said:
steve_k":3p5d9rzs said:
Just think, a pedal board with the CAB and a preamp pedal of choice, no amplifier, no cab, no mics. Set up your board, the FOH engineer gives you a DI line and away you go.

That does sound easy ...

Thanks for the demo Pete...

I would like to try the CAB with a Mesa V-Twin pedal. This would be a seriously cool brief case rig.... :thumbsup:

The Two notes seem very expensive. Is it worth it compared to the Palmer PDI-03 ? (I know it has fewer options but still)

Awesome! I am picking the Live up from Brad shortly. Thx for the demo, Pete!

Here is my question.....I know the Cab setup is basically less the load box which is great...but can I still do the same thing with a Bogner red pedal into the live and into my interface or does the live need that speaker out from the amp to operate?

PBGas":2skkxw5u said:
Awesome! I am picking the Live up from Brad shortly. Thx for the demo, Pete!

Here is my question.....I know the Cab setup is basically less the load box which is great...but can I still do the same thing with a Bogner red pedal into the live and into my interface or does the live need that speaker out from the amp to operate?
We have a Two Notes sub forum. Might be worth asking in there.

Back