Uber Rev 2 on the way!

Bronco

Hi everyone...thought I'd introduce myself. Just scored a Rev 2 Uberschall...should be here next week :rock:

At any rate, been doing a lot of research in the Bogner Forum here...definitely some serious passion (and rightfully so). Looking forward to talking more soon!

~Eric

ibanez4life SZ!":2o1rswqd said:
Enjoy it!

Bogner really got it right with the Rev. 2 IMO...I'm surprised they ever changed it afterwards.

Eric
I agree, hard to beat the Rev2. :2thumbsup:

Maybe that's why the made the Twin Jet high gain channel more like the Rev2 instead of the Rev Blue. ;)

well, hows that Rev. 2 working for you? :D

I've had mine for 6 years, and the Uberkab for 4 years...they sit next to my dual rec full stack that doesnt get much attention. I've yet to hear another amp with the same levels of aggression and flexibility in high gain sounds as my Rev. 2. There are several things that my dual rec does very well, but it always sounds a little "boxy" and lacks the 3D depth and complexity the uber has.

These Rig Talk guys going on about their XTC's is driving me nuts. I will eventually pursue an XTC (101B, Classic, 20th?) at some point, but my wife and kids would kill me if I don't take care of some other things first, you know.

Good luck with the new Uber, iI'm sure you're loving it.

russell

russellconner":bf5dvz63 said:
well, hows that Rev. 2 working for you? :D

I've had mine for 6 years, and the Uberkab for 4 years...they sit next to my dual rec full stack that doesnt get much attention. I've yet to hear another amp with the same levels of aggression and flexibility in high gain sounds as my Rev. 2. There are several things that my dual rec does very well, but it always sounds a little "boxy" and lacks the 3D depth and complexity the uber has.

These Rig Talk guys going on about their XTC's is driving me nuts. I will eventually pursue an XTC (101B, Classic, 20th?) at some point, but my wife and kids would kill me if I don't take care of some other things first, you know.

Good luck with the new Uber, iI'm sure you're loving it.

russell
So far, it's great! As you know, if there ever was an amp that needs to be dialed in 'by the ears', this one is it...once I figured out how to make it do what I want, though, it has really been a blast.

I do believe I'll need to try some different cabs though...I am presently playing through an OS Port City 2x12 w/Scumback M75s. I'd say it's a "good" match; not a "great" one. I'm really interested to hear it matched with an Uber cab or even Bogner OS2x12...

What is everyone else using with their Uberschalls?

I'm curious as to how close my Twin Jet with EL34s is to a Rev. 2.

Bronco":3paxv0jl said:
I do believe I'll need to try some different cabs though...I am presently playing through an OS Port City 2x12 w/Scumback M75s. I'd say it's a "good" match; not a "great" one. I'm really interested to hear it matched with an Uber cab or even Bogner OS2x12...

What is everyone else using with their Uberschalls?
I have a Bogner 4x12 that was loaded with G12Ms, and it sounded amazing until I started to pump some volume into it and then would break up too much for the Uberschall. I'm going to order Scumbacks soon, but until then, I converted my 4x12 into an Uberkab (with Mesa V30s) and so far it sounds awesome. So good, in fact, that I'm wondering if I need to get another cab for the Scumbacks and leave this one alone.

Death by Uberschall":cd6jo7dz said:
I run my Rev2 through my 2x12 and 4x12 recto cabs, sounds great!
Sorry for the ignorance :no: but these are V30 loaded, correct?

i guess DBU and I must think alot alike...i keep backing up his opinions/posts. :D

pre-comment note: i play 95% of the time in standard tuning...once in a while i go to drop D

i ran my uber rev. 2 through one of my recto 4x12's for two years before picking up the uberkab. the uber sounds great through the mesa cabs, it may even have a deeper low end than through the uberkab. the uberkab does seem to give my uber more details in the midrange, and a little more bite in the upper mids/treble...and man, is it lighter to throw around. the low end through the uberkab seems a little more controlled, but also doesnt seem to reach quite as far into the lower registers. that being said, my uber has pretty much stayed connected to the uberkab and the mesa cabs are tied to my dual rec. i believe both manufacturers did a great job of optimizing/designing their heads and cabs to complement each other.

overall, the uber through the mesa cabs seemed a little darker and smoother, while the uberkab kind of marshall-izes (gasp!) the uber's sound a little bit.

good luck,

russell

Russ and Mike, thanks for the insight...I'll be in LA next month; going to dedicate a couple of days at a bunch of stores to test out cabs. :rock:

Back