Uberschall Revision Comparison Thread

Chinese 9th B are stock for Twin Jets. My Rev 2 came with A's, which make it barely perceptibly darker.

Thanks for doing that comparison!
Here's a clip of my Rev2 with =C= KT88:

WATCH IN HD!

EDIT: just realised that I'd posted this already...sorry for the double

leib10":e6jfndj4 said:
Not a problem. My Rev 2's SN is ∆∆O (336). I don't think I'll ever willingly part from my Rev 2 either. It's just too unique and distinctive, as well as being a bit more difficult to get ahold of in the condition mine is in. I'm really digging the Winged C's in there... Tyler at TC tubes as always does a bang-up job of matching. I've got a quad of JJ EL34's (not E34L's) that I'm selling if you're interested...

Just picked up # 335 off Ebay!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I saw that one! It was a really great price for a Rev 2 that appeared to be in that good of condition. Let me know how it sounds! Congrats!

Always go back to the Ubers. Love my Goldfinger and it not going anywhere as it has been a great amp for over a year but I miss my TJ and after owning 4 or 5 since the first version, I miss that sound a whole bunch. They do something that nothing else quite does.

Oh my. Forgot how good these are. The cleans on this one are fantastic too. The kill channel is a thing of beauty.

I just scored a killer rev 2. S/n 337. Heard a clip, it's just what I want. Dark and murky like my soul. Lol. Just kidding on the soul comment.

James Lugo":23wj2drc said:
I just scored a killer rev 2. S/n 337. Heard a clip, it's just what I want. Dark and murky like my soul. Lol. Just kidding on the soul comment.

Great!! Such a great sounding amp. Congrats!

I'm so pumped:

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 9,369
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 9,378
Awesome James!
make sure to run the mids above 12:00 (it's really more like a treble knob), I found 1:00 to be the sweetspot for the mids for a modern metal tone.
the presence (really just a contour) should be around 1:00 as well...
with the presence and mid knob set to 1:00 you can use treble without it getting fizzy and bass without it getting boomy...
with the mids below 12:00 you'll always have trouble with fizz and boomyness.
The controls on the Über are really different, also ignore how they're labeled, cause it's not like you'd expect.
the treble is working in a range that would usually be called "presence", the mids are what would be "treble" on other amps (run this one high, even for scooped sounds!), the presence is what would be called "mids" on another amp, it's really a contour/low mids knob.

the startingpoint that the manual suggest (everything to 6) is really a great starting point for the amp....from there it's in most cases better to go higher (especially with mids, treble, presence).
you can get away with having the mid knob just below 12:00 if you set the presence knob high (to at least 2:00), but then it can get fizzy quickly since by setting the middle low a lot of high end will be gone, and you'll feel urged to puth the trble a bit more...which leads to a fizzy tone if the mids are below 12:00...

well, you'll find out for yourself, just giving you a heads up so you won't be disappointed with the first tones you get...it really is a killer amp!

Lasse Lammert":3cmllys1 said:
Awesome James!
make sure to run the mids above 12:00 (it's really more like a treble knob), I found 1:00 to be the sweetspot for the mids for a modern metal tone.
the presence (really just a contour) should be around 1:00 as well...
with the presence and mid knob set to 1:00 you can use treble without it getting fizzy and bass without it getting boomy...
with the mids below 12:00 you'll always have trouble with fizz and boomyness.
The controls on the Über are really different, also ignore how they're labeled, cause it's not like you'd expect.
the treble is working in a range that would usually be called "presence", the mids are what would be "treble" on other amps (run this one high, even for scooped sounds!), the presence is what would be called "mids" on another amp, it's really a contour/low mids knob.

the startingpoint that the manual suggest (everything to 6) is really a great starting point for the amp....from there it's in most cases better to go higher (especially with mids, treble, presence).
you can get away with having the mid knob just below 12:00 if you set the presence knob high (to at least 2:00), but then it can get fizzy quickly since by setting the middle low a lot of high end will be gone, and you'll feel urged to puth the trble a bit more...which leads to a fizzy tone if the mids are below 12:00...

well, you'll find out for yourself, just giving you a heads up so you won't be disappointed with the first tones you get...it really is a killer amp!

Thanks, LL. The tubes delivered Wednesday to the amp tech. Can't wait to get it back and go to town.

Helped a forumite record his band's guitar tracks yesterday and I lent him my Rev 2. God that thing is wicked. I've never really thought it could do brutal, fast riffs but it just slayed. You have to boost the amp with a OD (I was using a Maxon 808) but when you do that I can't see where all the hate about the Uberschall being loose comes from.

Back