Updated wiring on LP. Now with SS fret pics!

fek

My #1 has been out getting 50's wiring, stainless frets, and a bone nut. The luthier completing the work just sent me an update with a picture of the control cavity. He also let me know that it is ready for pick up! Will take the 3.5 hour one way drive to pick it up on Saturday morning.

I didn't care for (and didn't use) the split tones so I had the push pulls removed. Kept it simple and went with 500K CTS pots and orange drops. He used Gibson spec shielded wire and replaced the jack with a new Switchcraft. Can't wait to get this back!

Attachments

• LP Control Cavity web.jpg
    LP Control Cavity web.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 438
  • Rewired LP control web.jpg
    Rewired LP control web.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 435
Two thumbs up, you should update this when you get it back, finding a good luthier is damn near impossible anymore.

The guys name is Mark Kaiser in Dayton, Ohio. I get to pick it up on Saturday after a 3.5 hour drive. Will report back with thoughts and pics of the stainless fretwork.

I am so excited to get this back!

Picked up the guitar on Saturday and it is better than I expected. Love the stainless frets and the 50's wiring! Plays better, feels better, and sounds better. All around this was a good decision.

Some fingerprints on the frets but they are like mirrors!

Attachments

• Nut web.jpg
    Nut web.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Close fret end web.jpg
    Close fret end web.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Close fret 2.jpg
    Close fret 2.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 261
I like that he didn't bevel the fret ends too much. I'm not sure exactly what causes it but I hate when strings flop off the fretboard too easily. Sometimes I think 'heavy roll' = strings flopping off fretboard way too easily

SpiderWars":36ks5pnq said:
I like that he didn't bevel the fret ends too much. I'm not sure exactly what causes it but I hate when strings flop off the fretboard too easily. Sometimes I think 'heavy roll' = strings flopping off fretboard way too easily

Agreed. He specifically mentioned when I picked it up that he tries to bevel gently to keep more real estate available on the fret ends. Feels and looks great to me.

Back