US Set-neck/neck-through strat-head Charvels?

'63-Strat

I didn't want to derail chubtone's NGD thread too much, but do these exist? Something like this custom shop fender showmaster, but a charvel? Just wondering, and thought if anyone would know it'd be on here.
teambuiltoneoffshowmaster.jpg

Derail my thread? After Barzini has posted in a thread is it possible for it to not be derailed? ;)

I'm sure the custom shop could do it but it sounds more like a Jackson to me. Jackson did have a few guitars with strat heads.

Chubtone":6rgg5x3e said:
Derail my thread? After Barzini has posted in a thread is it possible for it to not be derailed? ;)

I'm sure the custom shop could do it but it sounds more like a Jackson to me. Jackson did have a few guitars with strat heads.

Yeah, I'm sure the custom shop could do it for $$$, I didn't think off hand that charvel made any but wasn't sure.

Thought I'd started a thread about PC1s awhile back but couldn't find it. This is close enough though ;) I tried some charvels the other day and liked them, but I think I still prefer how my soloist plays/sounds, honestly. The PC1s are close to what I'd want, but I don't really want all the extra electronics and am just not a fan of gold hardware. The don't offer any with chrome or black hardware but you can clearly custom order them... :LOL: :LOL: Though 7k for that? I'll pass.

Picture4-2.png

I don't get why Jackson doesn't offer something like these as standard options I'd think they'd sell a bunch but maybe just me:
Screenshot2012-02-11at40440PM.png

Screenshot2012-02-11at40452PM.png

Maybe I'll pick up a charvel at some point, that's about as close as I could get without going custom, which would be more $ than I can or would want to spend on that sorta thing. The Adrian Smith sigs are pretty cool too though.

Picture5-1.png

i have a guitar that is very similar and its pretty awesome besides the fact that the pickups are direct mount and you have to take the neck off but this is a picture of it i found on the internet. Im pretty sure its the last usa production model they made.

those are all bolt on necks are they not?

The Custom Shop will do whatever you want so you could get a neck thru strat with a different neck profile.

Shawn Lutz":1gtk2bos said:
those are all bolt on necks are they not?

The Custom Shop will do whatever you want so you could get a neck thru strat with a different neck profile.

Yeah I'd like the option of neck through strat head but don't think that's happening without going CS which is pretty $$$, so a bolt-on may be more likely.

I hear you there. You could always get a pro mod and have Musikraft build you a neck to your specs of you don't like the Charvel profile. I did had then build me a bunch of necks as I prefer beefier necks. The Fender one you posted reminds me of my mutt with a ebony woodburn Jackson strathead

swampfull2.JPG

http://www.shawnlutz.com/Swamp_Ash.htm

oops...just noticed this thread was from May :confused:

mniel8195":3e3e0yvp said:
i have a guitar that is very similar and its pretty awesome besides the fact that the pickups are direct mount and you have to take the neck off but this is a picture of it i found on the internet. Im pretty sure its the last usa production model they made.

:thumbsup:

Shawn Lutz":1c16mbp6 said:
I hear you there. You could always get a pro mod and have Musikraft build you a neck to your specs of you don't like the Charvel profile. I did had then build me a bunch of necks as I prefer beefier necks. The Fender one you posted reminds me of my mutt with a ebony woodburn Jackson strathead

swampfull2.JPG

That's nice too :thumbsup:

It could just be the satin finish that I didn't like on the pro mods but I thought I liked the US style 2 neck better overall too (and the demartini) but definitely don't like the satin finish. I prefer painted or gloss like on my soloist or gibsons to satin, reminds me of my brother's strat I pretty much hate, lol. I like unfinished too, but would be bummed to take some steel wool to it only to find I still don't like the shape though, I prefer them a little beefier too.

It would be nice...You could always go way back and nab an 80s charvel,(i cant remember the exact model #,but no strat headstock) l remember seeing buddies playing them and loving how they played...put in better pickups and hardware and youve got a soloist...Ive got a custom shop charvel comin in any day now.I got the strat headstock.

Little B":1a60i6fa said:
It would be nice...You could always go way back and nab an 80s charvel,(i cant remember the exact model #,but no strat headstock) l remember seeing buddies playing them and loving how they played...put in better pickups and hardware and youve got a soloist...Ive got a custom shop charvel comin in any day now.I got the strat headstock.

I want the strat headstock for sure ;) Look forward to the pics of your CS charvel :thumbsup:

I've got an SL2H already though, don't want another pointy soloist for now.

mniel8195":1eqrax0r said:

I have exactly the same but i ve change the SD pickups for 3 Arcane and electronics (5 way switch )
I love it and don t play my strat anymore ...

Shawn Lutz":o42xtsoe said:

swampfull2.JPG

If you went that route, doesn't Musikraft do neckthru now? Just have them build the whole guitar.

Back