US Techs who can work on Wizards?

lgehrig4

Is there anyone who is "Rick approved" to work on his amps in the US while he is on tour with AC/DC? I purchased a used VC (older model) a few months ago that was supposedly set up for KT66s at the factory. When I contacted Rick he said that he never did this so for the heck of it I tried EL34s and they biased fine. I want to make sure that no other modifications were done and also add a master.

Rick suggested that I update the transformer so I'll eventually send it to him and when I do I don't want him to be ok with what I'd like done now, which again is to add a master and if necessary, undo anything a prior owner might have done. So basically, I'm looking for someone who is familiar with Wizards enough to know if any component values have been changed.

Rick won't be available until August

I would highly doubt there is any one Rick approved, but you never know. I know he is very serious about no one touching one of his builds. I would wait for him to do any work.

Ditto on the above.. he doesn't like anyone to touch his amps except him. He does not charge anything for updates as you are paying for shipping and brokerage fees. He's a great guy, does clean quality work, and his turn around is very quick. Ive sent a couple amps to him for updates and it has been a great experience. He has a new broker in New York, so you will ship it there. The only way to know if yours has been altered is to compare it with another one that is the same model and known to be stock. Good luck with the mods, you have a great amp there!

lespaul6":2zwg55rx said:
He does not charge anything for updates as you are paying for shipping and brokerage fees.

He certainly has in the past. But if he's changed his policy on that, then kudos to him.

He didn't charge for all the new footswitching and lead bright mods done on mine... he does charge for new transformers and effects loop.. so, it depends on how far you want to take it.

Back