USA washburn dime 3st price?

megaboogie

Today I came across a used washburn dime model at my local GC.
From the internet search, the guitar is spot on a USA made 3ST stealth model.
I didn't take a pic but it's identical to the 3ST look/features.
DifferencebetweenSTvsST2.jpg

I've owned a couple washburns in the past but not too familiar with the dime models and their prices(although I am a big fan of Pantera).
It was overall in good condition, just some chips by the sharp pointy edges and some normal wear from playing. It even had the OHSC just like the pic below.

washburnddsm.jpg

They priced it for $399. I thought it was definitely worth the price, so I paid in full and now have to wait til the "clear date"(theft reason) which is middle of this month.
Did I score? what's the ongoing value of the guitar? I ask because I really can't find much info on the prices online other than it's worth alot and rare.

Dude in mint condition you can see those for over $5k easy...with some chips and shit you're still looking at anywhere from $1.5k-$2.5k. You can ask for more but you won't get it.

If it's a set neck with an ebony board and no inlays, you did really fuckin well.

Look for cracks in the finish by the neck joint (a LOT of these guitars have them), and check eBay completed listings to get a better idea what they're going for.

Hope Rottingcorpse chimes in, he's had all of the Washy Dimes including some that were prototypes. He'd be able to tell you for sure what it's worth. Be the score of the year for you, if it's a D3.

He's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, if you have any questions. Really nice guy and knows his shit.

Steinmetzify":1zmgwb93 said:
Dude in mint condition you can see those for over $5k easy...with some chips and shit you're still looking at anywhere from $1.5k-$2.5k. You can ask for more but you won't get it.

If it's a set neck with an ebony board and no inlays, you did really fuckin well.

Look for cracks in the finish by the neck joint (a LOT of these guitars have them), and check eBay completed listings to get a better idea what they're going for.

Hope Rottingcorpse chimes in, he's had all of the Washy Dimes including some that were prototypes. He'd be able to tell you for sure what it's worth. Be the score of the year for you, if it's a D3.

He's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, if you have any questions. Really nice guy and knows his shit.

Thank you so much! just what I wanted to know!
Make it the score of my "lifetime" for me as I never stumble upon deals like this!

As cheesy as it sounds, this guitar almost found me.
About a month ago I visited the GC, I saw they were just bringing in the dime guitar, probably from a trade in. I thought it looked really cool! I asked the guy how much the guitar was and the sales guy just smiled and told me he had just gotten in the guitar in and not sure, but definitely check back with them. I felt my GAS level raising up, but quickly assumed it would probably go for more than I wanted to spend so I just let it go.

Last night, I went to the GC as I heard other GC had a huge price drop on a '15 Gibson I wanted. When I arrived, my GC just had reg. price tags on the '15... I felt like I got baited, but decided I might as well check out what other stuffs they've gotten in.

As I was browsing the used guitar section, on the very corner of the wall, there the dime guitar was! I looked at the price, "$399"?! I grabbed it, it looked and felt really solid. I didn't thoroughly check but, but I don't think it had any neck joint cracks or HS repair, just some chips by the pointy edges.
It had a really nice feeling set neck combined with a smooth no dot ebony board. The back of the HS said "Made in USA", the trem said "made in Germany floyd rose Schaller". It was horribly out of tune, so I asked the sales guy to find me an allen wrench. As the guy was tuning it for me, I was rapidly googling on the guitar, but really couldn't find much info on the price other than I knew it was definitely worth more than $399.

Plugged in to the new Marshall DSL40 combo, the guitar played really well, but the tone I was getting was quite muddy... I started to have a little doubt if it's the real thing? but then I discovered the presence knob was all the way down to zero... duh... I raised it up, and woah! instant screaming metal tone gratification! after playing for a minute I took it to the counter "I'll take it" I paid in full and had to leave empty handed because of the clear date. Pretty excited to pickup the guitar on the clear date which is 3 days before my birthday. :rock:

Congrats to my fellow Texan! If it's a USA, it will say so on the back of the headstock. Even if it doesn't, a set neck washy stealth for $400 is a total score...as long as it isn't a shamray torpedo shop special (long,insane inside joke among collectors).

If it is a USA washy stealth, hang on to it. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. They are pretty rare. Don't have it refinished, just play the phuk out of it. Be careful when changing strings so it doesn't develop finish cracks at the neck joint. If you do decide you want it refinished, I believe Chewy (washburns ex-painter) is at shecter now. Pay whatever he wants, he is worth it. Be very careful, the tips not only chip easy, they break off easy too.

If you ever make it to Dallas/Ft.Worth, send me a pm and I'll show you around. Maybe let you play my dimebags,and plug into a wall of warhead cabs powered by Randall X2 heads.....Dimes tone for sure. I have lots of killer amps you won't find in guitar stores for you to sample.

Enjoy your new guitar.

Edit. Permanently mount your strap to this guitar. Like with big washers. If it drops, it's done for.

rottingcorpse":2vpdd2pr said:
Congrats to my fellow Texan! If it's a USA, it will say so on the back of the headstock. Even if it doesn't, a set neck washy stealth for $400 is a total score...as long as it isn't a shamray torpedo shop special (long,insane inside joke among collectors).

If it is a USA washy stealth, hang on to it. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. They are pretty rare. Don't have it refinished, just play the phuk out of it. Be careful when changing strings so it doesn't develop finish cracks at the neck joint. If you do decide you want it refinished, I believe Chewy (washburns ex-painter) is at shecter now. Pay whatever he wants, he is worth it. Be very careful, the tips not only chip easy, they break off easy too.

If you ever make it to Dallas/Ft.Worth, send me a pm and I'll show you around. Maybe let you play my dimebags,and plug into a wall of warhead cabs powered by Randall X2 heads.....Dimes tone for sure. I have lots of killer amps you won't find in guitar stores for you to sample.

Enjoy your new guitar.

Edit. Permanently mount your strap to this guitar. Like with big washers. If it drops, it's done for.

Haha! now I know about the shamray, this is definitely not it!
Thank you for the tips and the invite, sounds like you have quite a collection! I am in DFW too.
From what I've seen I haven't spotted any cracks although there are some chips by the tips, but I can't be 100% sure as I did a very quick/hasty inspection.
Can't wait til I bring it home! :rock:

anomaly":216du01j said:
That's a badass guitar! I'm jealous... I wish I could find a deal like that.

Believe me, I was the one saying the same thing all the time, now it finally happened to me!

You should definitely try to hook up with the Corpse...he's got some stuff you wouldn't believe, man.

Shamray LOLOL

Damn! Which GC was it at. I frequent the ft worth and Arlington stores regularly. I've never seen a deal like that. Corpse is the man when it comes to Washy's. He's hooked me up with more than one badass Dime guitar, and a few sweet amps as well.

really good score for sure, congrats.

i got a dime 3st last month and it sounds and feels awesome, i have the one with the diamond plate.

Bloodrock":3cjv5p8s said:
Damn! Which GC was it at. I frequent the ft worth and Arlington stores regularly. I've never seen a deal like that. Corpse is the man when it comes to Washy's. He's hooked me up with more than one badass Dime guitar, and a few sweet amps as well.

I got it from ft worth GC.

dsquared":3cjv5p8s said:
If it's a USA, omfg that is a ridiculous score. Good for you, i'm jelly.

Yes a USA washburn dime. :)

Les Zombie":3cjv5p8s said:
really good score for sure, congrats.

i got a dime 3st last month and it sounds and feels awesome, i have the one with the diamond plate.

I will post pics next sunday when I pick it up. :rock:

that's weird of them to sell something before it clears. by law they aren't allowed to put in on the floor until the grace period clears. Make sure they don't reneg on you my brutha.

guitarnate2000":12mt6zjj said:
that's weird of them to sell something before it clears. by law they aren't allowed to put in on the floor until the grace period clears. Make sure they don't reneg on you my brutha.

I bought a JCM800 cab here in Arlington a couple years back. It was on the floor with a $399 price tag. Had to wait a week and a half to pick it up. Not sure what the real rules are. :confused:

perhaps it differs from county to county. it is different here in Houston. killer axe though.. every now and then GC comes thru!

UPDATE:

Just picked it up now!

20150913_115847_zpscaggab1s.jpg

With his dearest friend Zakk. I wish Dime was still with us...

20150913_111802_zpsc3lw9kkn.jpg

Thank you guys for all the help and replies, back to playing now. :rock:

Back