Using guitar plugins live on stage

jgillihan

So I'm fairly confident that most of you are tube amp users for anything on stage... but here is another alternative to something like an Axe FX or Line 6 Helix. I basically just take a laptop, interface, and an A/B pedal to shows. It's pretty different but its a solid setup. And I can get the same tone from my recordings - right into the mixer! What do you guys think?

Too many things to fail for me. And I don't like the idea of a beer getting knocked over and fucking up my laptop.

If someone is doing a coffee house one man thing, yeah it works. But not for me in the band environment.

I'd be concerned about crazy ground loop hum but hey what ever works. I do like your solution of using an A/B for clean and dirty, pretty cool dude.

swamptrashstompboxes":2wuvquk3 said:
Too many things to fail for me. And I don't like the idea of a beer getting knocked over and fucking up my laptop.

If someone is doing a coffee house one man thing, yeah it works. But not for me in the band environment.

Man I totally get it. I've been using this setup for about two years and it's been great for me. But it's not for everybody.

errrrrl":2wuvquk3 said:
I'd be concerned about crazy ground loop hum but hey what ever works. I do like your solution of using an A/B for clean and dirty, pretty cool dude.

thanks man! I tend to have quirky ways of doing things so i figured i would share with the class lol.

Back