Using my Einstein & VH4S in Germany (fuses?)

bhuether

Hi,

VH4S:

I bought this in Germany and have used it both in Germany and the US without a power transformer. It is
dual voltage. Above the power adapter connector, there is an odd shaped piece with metal on both ends. I
just flip it for 120V or 240V. But then there is the question of fuses. It says that for 240V you need a
2A SB fuse (120V is 4A SB). So is it just a matter of putting a 2A SB or will the 4A SB suffice?

Einstein:

Similar situation. I am trying to figure out how to use my Einstein with correct fuses in Germany. I
have been using it in the USA and just moved to Germany. On the back, there is no indication that it is
dual voltage (there is just a check for the 120 V box), but I know Peter did design it for dual voltage.
At least I am pretty sure! It doesn't have that piece I mentioned above for the VH4S...

It says that for 240V you need a 2A SB fuse (120V is 4A SB). So is it just a matter of putting a 2A SB
or will the 4A SB suffice? And how do I know if it truly is designed for dual voltage?

Peter, are you reading this?

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Peter,

We just arrived and are settling in our house. We will definitely plan a trip your way!

tschuess,

brian

Hi Peter,

I put in the slow blow 2A fuse and as soon as I turned on the power a circuit breaker in the house flipped. The fuse in the amp blew.

Brian

Hi Peter,

I was wondering if you had seen my latest message. We are driving to Munich this weekend. Maybe I can drop the Einstein off so we can see if there is anything wrong. Wait - is it Easter this weekend in Germany? Wouldn't want to bother you on a holiday!!

Tschuess,

Brian

Back