Using pedals in MOD50 loop w/pics

Thanks for the report! That helps us all out a lot!

Are there any delays that will work okay out front? I am trying to run a minimal rig like my buddy does with his VHT Deliverance which loves pedals and all out front. :)

donbarzini":a5ae2 said:
jmgman69":a5ae2 said:
Anybody get there nova yet?

Got my TC Nova Delay today. So far, I'm a bit disappointed. I set it up in the parallel loop of my MOD50, set it to 100% wet and it definitely sucks tone. It sounds almost as if I am running through a wah filter of some sort, effect on or off. I tried it in the serial loop as well, mix set to about 30%, same thing. I didn't try it in front of the amp because that is not how I use delay so I won't even bother. The Eventide Timefactor is very transparent, no tone suckage at all no matter which bypass setting I choose in the menu. It looks like the Nova may be going back soon unless for some reason it is user error but I seriously doubt it.
That just doesn't sound good,maybe a defective unit,I was having good thoughts about this delay.I had to deal with the TC service once,there was one about 20 mins from my house,but they were the best people ever to deal with and come to find out it was me not the goods it was me and they even gave me a new unit just to make me happy, and once I figured it out I was like DUH,I felt pretty bad,Thanks for the reply hope it turns out better.......Jason

Just a thought...Did you calibrate the input level? This is surprising because just about everything Ive read about the Nova Delay has been glowing praise. Mine came yesterday as well but I got back late from seeing Muse and my ears were shot. Im going to give it a go tonight. I did open the box though. Its smaller than I expected!

-Matt

Marco, isn't that a nightmare switching thos epedals on/off at gigs? I hate when pedals are behind the amp's footswitch. Let the dance begin. I keep going back and forth between wanting pedals and rack. UGH!

You think the Jacques Chorus can do this?

Analog doubling, to an ultra-lush chorus, and even a Leslie rotating? The Voodoo chorus states their chorus can do this and I would love this because there are times I need a Leslie type tone. Normally I just crank the speed on my Jacques.

I ask because I would love to hear the Voodoo in comparison.

richedie":3f442 said:
Marco, isn't that a nightmare switching those pedals on/off at gigs? I hate when pedals are behind the amp's footswitch. Let the dance begin. I keep going back and forth between wanting pedals and rack. UGH!

You know, I've really tried to be content with abandoning midi and a rack and while my current setup is pretty functional with delay, there are time when I need to switch from a clean with phaser or chorus to a dry dirty (Switching from anything to solo with the whammy and back is the worst).

The reality is with the MOD50 midi is a no brainer and I'm starting to miss the convenience of just having it all programmed and accessible with a single pedal press. I just wanted to avoid having to carry a rack plus a huge floorboard.

With that said, a new deciding factor has come into play. I really need a case for the amp! This things going to get trashed carrying it around with only a vinyl cover. :aww:

So I have ordered a custom case with a 4 rack space built in! I think I might go with a Rocktron Xpression as I own the Intelifex and I'm familiar with the programming. The Xpression could also replace my Tremolo and Phaser and possibly my Whammy. :rock:

So now my pedalboard will be slightly less crowded and my amp will double in weight but I won't be tap dancing damnit!

I know nothings ever good enough... We just have to keep tweaking things forever. :doh:

Marco, so you are going back to rack?o me, that is a pain becaus eit is more to carry. With that you might as well go with the Egnater preamp and rack power amp. I am trying to go simple. Heck, we had rehearsal last night and I had no effects but a chorus pedal and nobody noticed! It was nice not needing any pedals in the loop. I might just go with some modulation pedals up front for flavor but no delay. We'll see.

One thing that worried me is that Bruce said it is crazy to use a cheap pedal like a Boss with a $2000 amp.

jarrett":b5772 said:
Where did you order that custom case?

http://www.custompedalboard.com/mk1030.htm

It will be something like this one but with 4 rack spaces.
mk-1030c-open.JPG

Marco, so you are going back to rack?o me, that is a pain becaus eit is more to carry. With that you might as well go with the Egnater preamp and rack power amp.

I think it will still be lighter than a preamp and rack power amp. Plus, if your giging with a $2000 amp, you should have a case for it. ;)

Nice thing about that case is that it essentially become a head or one unit to carry. I still wonder if a rack pre and power amp would be easier.

However, I have personally been trying to go simple....with a few floor effects.

I am trying to run all effects straight into the head. I was told the Maxon AD999 works well right into the amp. However, I'd like to save cash and try the Boss DD-5 with Monte Allums mod.

Back